Complaint Review: Bluebird Amex

• Updated: Mon, July 01, 2013

• Reported By: johnrob6164 — Coral Springs Florida
Bluebird Amex
manhatten, NY manhatten, Select State/Province USA

Bluebird Amex Charged account 2xs- will not return money for 6-8 weeks!! manhatten New York

Received an email from Bluebird saying I was OVERDRAWN, thought it was unusal cause you cannot overdraw on Bluebird.

Looked at my account and saw they said they paid Carnival cruise 2xs in one day for a $700 + charge. I only charged my card once time that day for a single $700+ payment. this should have left approx $200 on the Bulebird, instead Bluebird said I now owed them $450+.

I called first Carnival, they said I paid once and they received 1 payment of $700+ on the day in question, i asked if they were sure, they said yes, they told me the card number and the exact amount.

I then called the lovely people at Bluebird Amex. I stated to them the mistake, that they charged me 2xs while only paying once. i then even pointed out that the normal transaction number that bluebird give is a combo of letters and numbers, and that YES, 1 payment had the normal combo fo transaction letters and numbers...BUT a 2nd charge was just a 6 digit number...they said I had to open a claim and that it would take 6-8 weeks ...I said that is not customer service its a joke. i showed them that they had made an error. BUT, I told them fine if you want to wait 6-8 to get your money you claim I owe you thats fine, but if i get one call or email saying that i owe them money I would drive to India and kill a cow..:)

The customer service person tried to transfer me to a Supervisor, who was equally an idiot, told me the process had to run its course. I said you owe me $150+ dollars, would you add the interest for the 6-8 weeks that you are going to hold my money? Are you going to write me a letter of apology for your incompetance when you add the money back to my account? Is there anyone who takes responsibilty for the screw up in this company? Is there a District manager, VP that we can call when they screw up? Will they float me $20 when I am at a restaurant and i go over the balance?

Bluebird the company sucks, the customer service isnt to service the customer , its to delay and apologize and say they are sorry and to do NOTHING to resolve anything. I run a service company, if I did this I would have NO, ZERO, customers left after a week.

When I am done with this BS I will NEVER use these scumbags again!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluebird-Amex/manhatten-Select-StateProvince/Bluebird-Amex-Charged-account-2xs-will-not-return-money-for-6-8-weeks-manhatten-New-Yo-1063662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluebird Amex