forests

• Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: Melissa — Harrison Arkansas United States of America
Bluebird by American Express

Bluebird by American Express denied access to my funds , Internet

On 6, 2013, I received and activated a bluebird debit card, issued by American Express. On February 15, 2013, I loaded $100.00 to my card from another debit card using the deposit money feature. I again attempted to load additional funds on February 16, 2013, but was unable. I received a message stating that my card could not be loaded due to it not being activated.

I made a call to the customer service number. The person I spoke to informed me that I would have to contact Account Protection Services because my account showed it had not been activated. I was also told that I would not be able to access the funds that I had already loaded to the account.

I called the Account Protection Services this morning, only to be directed to a messaging system. I was not able to speak to anyone concerning my issue, I was only able to leave a message. I found this to be absolutely unbelievable. I left a message, including my phone number.

At this point, I again called customer service. During this call, I was told that they could see that my account was activated, but that it had been flagged by Account Protection Services. The person I spoke with informed me that Account Protection Services was unavailable on the weekends.

I have added money to this card, only to find out that I cannot touch it. This is my money and from my perspective, Bluebird by American Express has stolen it from me. I should not be in this situation and all I want is to access my funds, remove them, and destroy their card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2013 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluebird-by-American-Express/internet/Bluebird-by-American-Express-denied-access-to-my-funds-Internet-1015268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluebird by American Express