Complaint Review: Bluegreen At The Falls Village

• Submitted: Thu, July 30, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 03, 2009

• Reported By:manhatten Kansas
Bluegreen At The Falls Village
200 Creekside Rd Branson, Missouri U.S.A.
  • Phone: 417-2392862
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Bluegreen At The Falls Village, They have a criminal who have access to your information. Branson Missouri

* : No other complaints against Falls Village

* : I don't regret signing up for a condo trail

*Consumer Comment: That's a leap..

*Consumer Comment: Why?

*Author of original report: Wow

*Consumer Comment: I did pay attention

*Consumer Comment: Pay attention, Kim.

*Consumer Suggestion: Pay attention Ashley....

*Consumer Comment: What?

Hello
My name is Julie. I am married and have 2 children. We recently spent time on a sales presentation at The Falls Village in Branson, Missouri in exchange for a reduced price on one of their condos for 3 nights. The condos are nice and they offered a trial package to try for a year. We agreed and purchased the package. Roughly 2 weeks later, we find credit cards opened on both me and my husband.

I would like everyone to know that they employ a criminal who had access to your personal information if you purchase anything there. I could not believe it and upon further research, this person is currently standing trial for 2nd degree assault, not to mention he has served time in jail on many different occasions. His name is Kimberly Chapman, he says he is from Hawaii and he needs to be fired!

I am taking precautions and have had credit monitoring installed on both me and my husbands social security numbers. I am hoping that we can proceed quickly as to get back to normal but I will let you know that I cancelled my agreement through my credit card company. I am hoping the dispute goes my way as I will go look at another company to try one of those trial prackages.

Julie
manhatten, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2009 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-At-The-Falls-Village/Branson-Missouri-65656/Bluegreen-At-The-Falls-Village-They-have-a-criminal-who-have-access-to-your-information-474990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen At The Falls Village

#1

No other complaints against Falls Village

AUTHOR: Martina - (USA)

I'm with Robert and Ashley on this one. Take time to think for one minute how many people you hand your credit card to. How many individuals in the work force have had access to your number? How many felons are working in convenience stores, restaurants, grocery stores, gas stations, motels, Wal-mart and on and on. And resorts. You had to use it to check into the place!

Why'd you single out this one person? If he was that creepy, you shouldn't have bought from him. Sounds like you were just trying to get out of the purchase!

#2

I don't regret signing up for a condo trail

AUTHOR: Julie - (U.S.A.)

I didn't regret signing up for the trial.  I think the trial membership is a good idea.  I recently signed up for a trial with another resort after this happened.  I paid cash which isn't a lot but I think it's better than having a maintence fee and a couple god vacations in a year with no obligation after that.  Read it a card was opened and used.  I did not open any accounts there as I had put it on a credit card I already had established which has had a new number assigned to the account.  Wow the defense of a timeshare employee who broke the law vs. me.  I think I pass on any further rebuttals and wait for the courts to take care of it.

That's a leap..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You are correct that a company needs to take responsibility for a customers personal information. However, you have convicted a person(and a company) on what is circumstantial evidence.

Your information can be stolen anytime and by anyone. If you really think that any "ex-con" would steal your identity then you probably should not give anyone information or use your credit/debit card anywhere without asking them and every one else in the business their full criminal histories. Of course remember that every criminal has one thing in common. They all have to have a "first offense", and ID Theft can be a "first offense".

There is one other possibility. IF this card was opened as a result of this company. A lot of these "Time-Shares" now offer credit cards. In all of the paperwork you signed(and I bet you signed a lot), there might have been a credit card application. In this situation it is not a case of ID Theft, but a case of you not reading what you were signing.

If that is not the case then you need to file a Police Report. With that Police Report you can have an Extended Fraud Alert placed on your credit reports for FREE. Unlike Credit Monitoring this stops the account from being opened in the first place because a creditor is supposed to go through extra steps before they open an account.

Why?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I won't get a contract with them on the basis that timeshares are a ripoff and huge waste of money. No thanks.

Also, You would be surprised how many "criminals" have access to your personal information. There are only a handful of jobs they are barred from.

Additionally, do you have ANY evidence that this "criminal" stole your identity? Could it have been someone else from there? or from somewhere else? have the police investigated it yet?

Wow

AUTHOR: Julie - (U.S.A.)

I think a company has to be responsible as to who they let have access to your information. I cancelled my agreement with the company in writing and called my credit card company to make sure they knew the situation because I have heard these companies will fight you. I was simply covering all bases. A criminal having access to my information or anyone who buys from them. When I found the open cards, I cancelled my contract and then called my credit card company as to alert them. Would you do business with a company that can't even safeguard your personal information? I'm sorry I didn't see the stolen id website. I am just letting you know what happened. Why don't you go but a trial package from Bluegreen?
Julie
Go Jayhawks

I did pay attention

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

"""" Pay attention Ashley....

in their name. I think she has a valid point.
""""

She stated a criminal worked for this resort.

She stated a credit card account was opened up in her name several weeks after attending that condo.

There is no proof that this person is the one who opened the account. This is simply the OP jumping to conclusions.

What this reads to me, is that they regret signing up for this condo. They are saying whatever they can to get out of the agreement. Especially when they said they cancelled their agreement through their credit card company. If they have a signed contract, that's pointless to do.

What they need to do is file a police report for the stolen credit card information. If they suspect this criminal, then have him checked out. The fact that a criminal works for a company does not mean that the person is the criminal who stole their credit card information.

Pay attention, Kim.

AUTHOR: Hugh Jass - (U.S.A.)

It doesn't mean this person did it. It could very well have been a coincidence. Just because someone had an assault charge doesn't mean they steal identities.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Pay attention Ashley....

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

I am sure she is saying that she was ripped off when the employee used her and her husbands information to open credit card accounts in their name. I think she has a valid point.

What?

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

Where is the rip off here?

You realize that criminals have to work somewhere right? His court case is unimportant until he's convicted. As for his prior convictions, if he did the time, he has a right to a job.

What are criminals supposed to do when they get out of jail?

They have to work somewhere.

lightly