Complaint Review: Bluegreen Resort

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: AngryDad — Springfield Illinois United States of America
Bluegreen Resort
4960 Conference Way North, Suite 100 Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

Bluegreen Resort Family with five kids told vacation cancelled in the dells with no refund after 5+ hour drive Boca Raton, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Sorry for your inconvenience but...

I will never work with bluegreen again. Imagine driving more than five hours to a vacation with five little kids and then having to tell them no water park because of a technicality. Warning, steer clear of bluegreen resorts!

After a 5+ hour trip with five grumpy little kids, we were happy to see the Wisconsin Dells. We started to check in as instructed at Christmas Mountain through Bluegreen. I presented all information requested, then gave them my Visa card. This is where everything went downhill. Apparently I had failed to read the fine print that I needed to bring a credit card, since it said debit on it that didn't work, even though you can swipe it anywhere visa is accepted. I do have another credit card, but it was at home because I never use it, more than an 11 hour round trip. I even showed them my statement online proving that I had the card and also called customer service, but was told that I would have to make other arrangements.

To top it off, I was not able to get a refund or the $100 gift certificate and 3 day cruise that was also supposed to be part of the deal. Their response? Sorry for your luck, read the fine print better next time.

Hope you have a lawyer on speed dial to review the contract if you work with these guys, because one mistake and they will take your money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-Resort/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Bluegreen-Resort-Family-with-five-kids-told-vacation-cancelled-in-the-dells-with-no-refun-1003640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen Resort

Sorry for your inconvenience but...

AUTHOR: Kirb - (United States of America)

I am truly sorry for your bad experience with Bluegreen. My wife and I just attended the sales vacation in Tennessee on January 19th and ended up purchasing.

I responded because I'm not sure who you dealt with, but not only did the sales guy at Bass Pro clearly state that I needed a credit card but I was also notified via confirmation email in large print as well as over the phone when they called to confirm 2 weeks before the vacation.

Again, I'm sorry for your bad experience but I just had to let other people know that it's not some kind of secret and in my experience, they made it very clear.