Complaint Review: Bluegreen Resorts - GMAC Real Estate - Rii Stroman

http://www.bluegreenonline.com/ Nationwide U.S.A.

Bluegreen Resorts - GMAC Real Estate - Rii Stroman Scam Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Write to MI Attorney General

*Consumer Comment: What Rip Off

I think blue green resorts is criminal in their behavior. I was at a very low time in my life. I had just gotten out of the hospital and been a severe car accident when I went to one of blue greens sales show here in Novi Michigan. The night I signed up I tried to call and cancel it that night but no one answered. They said I had so much time to get out of the contract but when I tried I couldn't.

I also have been paying these huge maintenance fees every year eventhough I only have a points that allows me to go on a vacation every other year. If you are late making your maintenance fee payment, they start charging you $25 per month. I have been having money problems and could not afford to go on a vacation. I was told I could roll my points over to RCI but when I tried to do that, they said I couldn't because they did not have a comparable week to exchange with RCI. I lost all my points. God help me, please!

This organization has caused me so much stress regarding money and they are so rude when you try to talk to anyone about it. I put it up for sale within a year and had to pay $500 to do that. I have never once heard from that company. They were called Rii Stroman. Now I have been constantly getting calls from GMAC real estate wanting me to list it with them for another $500. Now I just found out that bluegreen owns them. What a terrible scam.

Isn't there something anyone can do about this. This seems like criminal behavior to me. I don't know how they get away with this. When I called and complained about losing my points, I was told it was only fair to the other Blue green owners. What about fairness to me? I had to take out a home equity loan for thousands of dollars to pay for this; otherwise, the interest to make payments to Bluegreen was outrageous...

I have been horified by this mistake and it appears that there is absolutely no way out of this without going into default and ruining my credit rating. It sounds like the company has become so rich that they can do just about anything they want. I JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF THIS!! I can't afford to just give my money away for nothing in return. I know I am not alone.

Pd
sterling heights, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/16/2008 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-Resorts-GMAC-Real-Estate-Rii-Stroman/nationwide/Bluegreen-Resorts-GMAC-Real-Estate-Rii-Stroman-Scam-Nationwide-391776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen Resorts - GMAC Real Estate - Rii Stroman

Write to MI Attorney General

AUTHOR: Rt - (U.S.A.)

Write to Michigan's Attorney General. Nothing can be done about this company except through our AG. Many people in MI feel the same about Bluegreen as you do and want out. When enough people complain to our AG, something will be done.

AUTHOR: Mike1 - (U.S.A.)

I don't understand what your complaint is. If you tried to cancel your purchase the night you purchased, I would hope that you actually read your contract and discovered that you had 10 days to mail a letter to the corporate office to cancel. You stated that if you are late on your maintenance fee that you are charged $25.00. Well, yea. If you are late on your car payment, house payment, phone bill, utilites, etc, you have to pay a late fee. Bluegreen is a business. Bluegreen does not own GMAC. GMAC owns stock in Bluegreen. If you cannot afford something, you should not try to buy it. People like you are what caused the current state of our economy. In fact 99% of the complaints on here are from people who could not afford to purchase their package and waited too late to cancel. I have noticed that the people who state that they can never get a reservation never state how close to the desired date are they attempting to schedule. If you want to go to the beach on July 4th are are trying to book on June 4th, good luck. Yes, you are stuck with your timeshare. Like it or not, it is a choice that YOU made.