Complaint Review: Bluegreen Resorts

• Submitted: Thu, December 20, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 30, 2008

• Reported By:Prior Lake Minnesota
Bluegreen Resorts
1701 American Blvd Bloomington, Minnesota U.S.A.

Bluegreen Resorts approached at a shopping mall Thanks for the warning Bloomington Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: MN- LIARS

*Consumer Comment: fool

*Author of original report: Insider??

*UPDATE Employee: I don't Understand

*Consumer Comment: pity you didnt look at both sides of the coin

I was approached at a shopping mall in MN on Dec 18 by a representative of BlueGreen Resorts. I agreed to listen to the 90 minute sales presentation, and gave them $20, with a guarantee that the original $20 would be returned, plus an additional $45. I had every intention of going to the presentation, so I thought it a safe bet.

I came home and typed Bluegreen Resort into Google and found this web page. I want to thank everyone who wrote of their experiences and warned me before I made a very bad time and investment mistake.

I went to the presentation (they had my $20), but I came armed with a sample of comments from this website. When the sales representative approached me, I said to him, "let's not waste your time or mine .... there is no way you are going to sell me anything because I did my homework." I showed him the printouts from this website. He left the room, consulted with his supervisor, and called me out of the presentation room.

The supervisor offered my the $20 back and tried to explain that everyone who has had a bad experience "doesn't know how to use the system." I think I should have been given the free vacation and the promised $45, in return for my silence, but I didn't push my luck.

So .... a thank you to all of you who took the time to write about your experiences with Bluegreen. I hope others will do their homework prior to the presentation.

Healthedprof
Prior Lake, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2007 12:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-Resorts/Bloomington-Minnesota/Bluegreen-Resorts-approached-at-a-shopping-mall-Thanks-for-the-warning-Bloomington-Minneso-293149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen Resorts

MN- LIARS

AUTHOR: Wendy - (U.S.A.)

I WAS ENTICED BY FREE AIRLINE TICKETS, TO COME TO A PRESENTATION IN BLOOMINGTON, MN . I NEVER GOT MY TICKETS. MAYBE THE PEOPLE WORKING AT BLUEGREEN BLOOMINGTON SHOULD RUN A REPUTABLE BUSINESS, AND THEY WOULDN'T GET BAD PRESS. SINCE I HAVE NO WAY TO GET RID OF THESE FREEKING POINTS. THEY ARE ONLY WORTH $00.20 A POINT RESALE, I WILL CONTINUE TO LET PEOPLE KNOW WHAT A RIP OFF THIS PLACE IS.

fool

AUTHOR: Smithiekid1623 - (United Kingdom)

I would just like to point out that the only fool here is you, and if you have to make a comment about my grammer then please ensure that you use the Queens English (that is the one that we have lent you since you do not have one of your own)

I do not need to be cared for Just listened to.
You are the one that as missed out little sheep

Insider??

AUTHOR: Healthedprof - (U.S.A.)

You allegedly saw everything, but did not report the facts. My sales rep asked to read the reports I brought, and I allowed him to do so. I also offered to stay for the presentation, but explained that I would ask specific questions about everything I read in these rip off reports. I gave the sales rep and the manager a choice regarding whether or not they wanted me to stay. The manager chose to have me leave. I was not taken back to the front desk ... I was taken to a small window where my $20 was returned via a credit card, not cash. You really should get your facts straight before making comments. When you speak without knowledge, the rest of us learn that you're an idiot.

As to the UK comments. When you learn proper grammar, I'll care to hear your opinion. I may be a sheep, but I don't listen to fools.

I don't Understand

AUTHOR: Probg - (U.S.A.)

I remember this woman coming into our office. When you first walk in there is a large front desk area where we have a front desk manager present at all time this is where the problems should have been addressed. This woman came in like any normal person and filled out all her paper work with out saying a word, or asking for her deposit.

Once we gave her to the sales rep she became very rude and told him that she did not want to stay and that she had done her "homework" . Once this was brought up she was taken back to the front desk where she had started and was given her 20.00 deposit. I don't understand why this issue was not brought up when she first came in the doors. She did have some papers with her but never showed us any of them, just decided to threaten my manager with it.

Do you realize that if you were to look up ANY company there is going to be some sort of negative feed back? I believe in my company, which is why I continue to work here while in school. I was also standing here while this woman talked with my manager and nothing was said about "people not knowing how to use the program Our managers here are all very well trained and easy to talk with. This woman tried to make a scene while other people where checking in but out manager respectfully gave her the deposit back and told her to have a great night.

As for your gifts, why should you have been given them? You did not attend the presentation that you signed and made the deposit for saying you would attend the whole 90min presentation to get your gifts? There is no obligation to purchase with us just that you sit and listen respectfully about our program for the 90min.

pity you didnt look at both sides of the coin

AUTHOR: Smithiekid1623 - (United Kingdom)

Pity you didnt look at both sides of the coin thery are many more people happy with Bluegreen than are not . When you consider there are approx 160000 Bluegreen Vacation Club memebers and what just over 70 comments on here.
You may have missed out but then thats you problem isnt it.

We live in the Uk and have seen lots of comments etc about what a rip off Wal Mart is but it dosnt stop us shopping there when we vist the US that may be because we go into things with an open mind and make our own mind up.
Just one last comment you will never know what you may have missed out on will you.
If I told you that water and anything made from it is very bad for you and could kill you would you stop using it ?

Better to make your own mind up instead of being a sheep