Complaint Review: Bluegreen Resorts

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2007

• Reported By:minneapolis Minnesota
Bluegreen Resorts
4960 Conference Way N, Suite 100 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Bluegreen Resorts Bait and Switch - Just Stay Home! Boca Boca Raton Florida

We got a call saying we WON four free airline tickets!! Of course I thought - scam... but called anyway... They said just listen toa 90 minute presentation and I will get 4 airline tickets to 20 sunny destinations and a $50 gift card.

I thought - okay - 90 minutes 4 tickets - why not. Well 2 1/2 hours later I barely got out of there alive!

I told them no, no , no and strongly stated I wasnt going to purchase and that I wanted to leave with my 4 tickets and $50 gift card. The guy (Ryan) continued to keep sellling me when I clearly wanted to leave... He commented that I was being rude and implied that rudeness only makes him talk slower. So I basically had to sit and let him blah blah blah until they finally let me go....

But only until I did say yes to the sampler for $895.00 - filled out half the paperwork -got nervous - ripped it up and finally said NO, No, NO for the millionth time... did they finally walk me to the door and let me have my tickets and $50 gift card.

Well the Gift card appears legit. But the four tickets...they failed to tell me that you have to make the ticket reservations with a particular travel agency AND book a minimum of 7 or 8 days (out of Minneapolis) at their hotels... and I have to book one hotel for a each set of two tickets - so If I bring my kids I have to book two hotel rooms for 7 or 8 days... that was not my intention... I did ask the person ont he phone if there were any restrictions - she said only black out days and the cities limited flying to. They said nothing abou thaving to book for 7 or 8 days - nor did they comment about having to book a specific hotel...

If it sounds to good to be true - it probably is!!! If you want a 7 day vacation and have 2-3 hours to scream No, No No - then this is for you - otherwise - run like the wind!!!

What a waste of time - I am just glad I only lost time - so many others fell prey to their claws!

Amy
minneapolis, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2007 10:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-Resorts/Boca-Raton-Florida/Bluegreen-Resorts-Bait-and-Switch-Just-Stay-Home-Boca-Boca-Raton-Florida-241644. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen Resorts