rank

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Debbie — Chippewa Falls Wisconsin United States of America
Bluegreen Resorts
4960 Conference Way N Boca Roton, Florida United States of America

Bluegreen Resorts Misrepresented funding options for paying for timeshare and maintenance fee increases. Boca Roton, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Pleased with Bluegreen Ownership

*General Comment: maintenance fees

*Consumer Comment: Bought almost two years ago.We love it.

I attended a meeting in Wisconsin Dells, WI sponsored by Bluegreen to try to sell timeshares. I didn't think it sounded too bad but one of my concerns was that, if you financed through BG it was for 15+% interest. But they said I could go to my local bank and use the timeshare as collateral to refinance for a lower rate. They also kind of washed over the maintenance fees and how they seem to go up and up every year.

Anyway, when I returned home and went to the bank I was told that I could NOT use my timeshare as collateral as it is not considered real property even though it has a title. Great! And, as the years go by, (I purchased in 2008), every year my maintenance fee goes up. This year they want 479.00!

Plus, I just learned this year, I am paying full maintenance fee but I only purchased what amounts to 1/2 of a timeshare plan. Instead of purchasing 6000 annual points mine are semi-annual. But my maintenance fee sure is annual!

I was also told that I have the option of "selling" my vacation to anyone I choose if I cannot get away when my points are ready to be used. I have since learned that I have to show I.D. when checking into my destination so I don't know how I could possibly let someone else use them without me there.

The whole presentation turned out to be one sugar coated lie after another just to get people to sign up. I am disgusted with them and all the other scam artists out there praying after hard working people and I am even more disgusted with myself for letting myself be conned. I thought I was more aware than that but I guess I am not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 02:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-Resorts/Boca-Roton-Florida-/Bluegreen-Resorts-Misrepresented-funding-options-for-paying-for-timeshare-and-maintenance-968382. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen Resorts

Pleased with Bluegreen Ownership

AUTHOR: Anne from South Carolina - (USA)

I have been a Bluegreen owner for over 5 years and my maintenance fees have never gone up.  You really need to know how to use what you bought.  Read the material and try to find people who have used the system and you will be more pleased.  Also you can book guests using points without being there.  You just can't use bonus time without being there because money is exchanged.  Hope this helps.  Good Luck.

One last thought:  "Updates" are brutal and they do pressure you.  I now get my "updates" online due to high pressure virtually every time to buy more points.

#2 General Comment

maintenance fees

AUTHOR: IsabellaP - (United States of America)

Maintenance fees are awful!!! and they will never stop increasing, if you are not happy with your purchase anymore, you should look out for a solution to get rid of it. I know a company that can give a free advice on your matter, this is their website:

hope you're having a great year so far, and good luck

Bought almost two years ago.We love it.

AUTHOR: Kenp223 - (United States of America)

My wife and I bought almost two years ago.We love it.

We have used it 18 times and looking for are next one now. We own at Big Cedar. We have been to many of the resorts that Bluegreen owns and a few with RCI. I have booked all of them on the days we wanted but one.

I had to move it two days to get the one we wanted. We have stayed in cabins, 1, 2, 3 bedroom condos. We are heading to Disney in 3 weeks. We booked that about 3 months ago.

I think if you know how to use it you can stay where you want when you want. ..... USE COMMON SENCE...... If it's the week of July 4th you need to book as soon as you know you want to go to that resort.

If you think your going to get a 3 bedroom cabin two weeks before the week of the 4th, your probably not going to get it. As for the Maintenance fees. That is the insurance, taxes and upkeep of the property. Do you think you could have a two bedroom condo with 4 and 5 star amenities for less taxes, insurance and upkeep for what you pay??

My parents owned a two bedroom condo that did not have half the things you get at most of the Bluegreen resorts and paid almost twice what I pay for 18000 points. If we keep using it like we have we will have paid very little to stay at 4 and 5 star resorts over the years. If I break down how much it cost us per night of stay.

It costs about $63.50 a night. Can you stay at a Motel 6 for that?????

I also have rented points to others and have never been there to check them in. I have made almost $3000.00 in four months renting to others.