Complaint Review: Bluegreen Vacation Club

• Submitted: Sun, February 25, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, August 15, 2008

• Reported By:Central City Kentucky
Bluegreen Vacation Club
4960 Conference Way N, Suite 100 Nationwide U.S.A.

Bluegreen Vacation Club Corporation dishonest deceptive sales presentation, I have sustained a financial loss of $15,700.81 dollars by joining the Blueturd family Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Comment: Bluegreen Resort should be sued for all their misrepresentations and fraudulent inducements.

As long as the Ripoff site will allow me I will post a statement from Bluegreens membership module and explain the dishonest and deceptive nature of their sales presentation. I have chosen this statement to start off with.

?Essentially, you purchased a certain number of Points that are tied to deeded ownership. This means you own your vacation just like you own a house or a car.?

Using Blueturds statement, let's go into reality mode and really apply this statement to owning a house or car. I have sustained a financial loss of $15,700.81 dollars by joining the Blueturd family and this statement has proven absurd. Whenever I have had the need to travel using an automobile that I have purchased I do not remember having to contact the car dealer or seller to ask permission to drive or where I would be allowed to drive.

If you purchase a Blueturd vacation club membership it will be at the discretion of a Blueturd representative as to how you will spend your vacation. You may have a date of which you need to schedule your vacation but Blueturd will have to find you a location to visit. Or you may have a location in mind but a Blueturd representative will have to find you an available date of which you may reserve. Same with owning a home.

I don't have to call the real estate agent or previous homeowner as to when I can stay in the home I purchased.

If you are at the top of Blueturds resort pyramid you may be able to use it as you do a car or home but otherwise forget it. If you are considering a Blueturd vacation membership let me and others here save you some of the heart we are going through.

Avoid Blueturd as if they were the plague. They no doubt implored the services of a psychologist in putting together their sales program and membership module.

David
Central City, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2007 12:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-Vacation-Club/nationwide/Bluegreen-Vacation-Club-Corporation-dishonest-deceptive-sales-presentation-I-have-sustain-1031530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen Vacation Club

AUTHOR: Kc - (U.S.A.)

David,
I know your post was from 2007, but I have had the same problem with Bluegreen for the past 6 years. My husband and I were on our honeymoon in 2002, when we went to a presentation at Mountain Loft in Gatlinburg, TN. We told the sales people NO for over an FOUR hours. The only problem was that it was storming outside and there had been tornado warnings, and we had walked there. So basically we were stuck, and they were relentless. Saying things like "A family that plays together, Stays together." In addition to all sorts of promises about how easy it is to have the vacation you have always dreamed about. (Excessive Salemanship) it is illegal, but hard to prove.

We have only used the vacation points one time since 2002, and even then we didn't get what we requested. Every time I have called to make reservation, I am informed that nothing is available. So basically we have been flushing $2000 a year plus the extra money I have had to spend for cost of hotels. (blueturd) is appropriate.
The past week I have been on the phone with Bluegreen once again trying to make reseveration, with no luck. They told me that I need to be more open and willing to travel where they have available. So basically, like you said, take the vacation they want me to have. I told them what I think of their company, and asked about that cruise that was offered, to induce us into signing the contract. They had someone to call me back this morning. She said they no longer offer cruise and the best she can do is offer me 4000 additional points that I can only use in the up coming blue and white season. HELLO, I never even get to use the points I have, because they never have anything available. I told her I was just fed up will all this CRAP. She then hung up on me because I said CRAP.

I called back and she said I don't have to listen to that type language. I said that was not bad word, she said it is in the corporate world.
Okay, so I have seen over 100 post on here about bluegreen resort and their misrepresentation. I am a recent law school graduate, I have no experience with this type of case. I have spent most of the day researching on Westlaw for cases about misrepresentation and timeshares. I am more than willing to get involved. First start is to get as many names of unhappy bluegreen owners who would also like to see something done. The one time we did use our points, we were told that if we purchased more points, we would have a better chance of getting the reservation we wanted. I am not dumb enough to be scammed twice by the same RIP OFF company.

The sad thing is, they have some big people in their pockets. Did you know you can file bankruptcy on your house, your car, credit cards and damn near anything else, but not on maintenance dues from a timeshare.

KC