Complaint Review: Bluegreen Vacation Resorts

• Submitted: Sat, April 26, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 27, 2008

• Reported By:Mooresville Indiana
Bluegreen Vacation Resorts
4960 Conference Way North Suite 100 Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-456-CLUB
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Bluegreen Vacation Resorts suckered once, and they keep on trying to get me again Boca Raton Florida

*Consumer Comment: your points

*Consumer Comment: Happy Owner

*Consumer Comment: Happy Owner

I have been a member of Bluegreen for five years now. In the initial visit I was promised a great Florida vacation during spring break for myself, my children, and two of their friends. I had to wait 60 days for my membership to activate before I could make my reservations (which was still 6 months before spring break). I was told when I tried to make my reservations that all of their Florida resorts were booked. I finally make a reservation at Myrtle Beach (a great place), but it was cold and rainy during that time of year. I spent around $10,000 for 6000 every other year points.

I was invited back twice for a "member update" which turned out to be more high pressure salesmanship. As soon as the salesman realized my husband and I weren't interested, the smiles went away and we were ushered out coldly and quickly. Of course that was after a 1 1/2 hour one sided conversation.

On the second occasion my husband and I were told if we would buy more points and become gold or silver members we would have a much better chance of getting the resorts we wanted (only an aditional $10,000). What a deal!

My administrative fees and maintenance fees are about $700 a year. I would gladly get out of this if I could. I would give away my points if I could just get out from under those ridiculous fees. I've actually seen a couple of consumer comments about people who like Bluegreen. Well, drop me a line, and take these points off my hands. Of course, I have seen many more comments from people like me who have been treated rudely, lied to, and ripped off.

If there is any justice in the world, I will live to see this company fall apart.
If you get the call to go to a "short" sales presentation form this company for a great prize, RUN AWAY. You may think you can take it. You may think their sales tactics won't confuse or trick you, but you are WRONG! They will get you too!

Unhappy victim
Mooresville, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2008 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-Vacation-Resorts/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Bluegreen-Vacation-Resorts-suckered-once-and-they-keep-on-trying-to-get-me-again-Boca-Rat-329019. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen Vacation Resorts

your points

AUTHOR: Ls-indiana - (U.S.A.)

Were serious about giving up your points, or were just blowing of some steam. I would be happy to discuss this with you if you are serious.
Linda

Happy Owner

AUTHOR: Ls-indiana - (U.S.A.)

I sent a response but do not see it listed. So here goes again...
I am sorry to hear of a fellow Hoosier having such a back experience with Bluegreen. We have been member since Septemeber 2007. Our membership was activated in mid-October. I was able to reserve Seaglass Tower, top floor, oceanfront on my first request for April 2008. When I called I had several dates and locations picked knowing I was calling on short notice, but I got my first choice. We have experienced on two owner updates / sales presentations and both were lot key. At our first, we had no intention of buying, the thought of traditional timeshare was not for us. But when we learned of the points program and the variety of locations we gave it a shot. Our second presentation was in Myrtle Beach this April. It, too, was low key. We told him that some day we wanted to increase our points, but not right now. He understood, gave us restaurant suggestion, our $100 visa card, and thanked us. I hope our next one is as good as the last two. I am prepared if we get a "salesman". I say this because I have worked in sales, not time share, and I have watched good ones and bad ones. Some will say anything to make a sale, which is unfortunate for those trying to be honest and upfront. But we hear the stories of the bad ones far more that the good ones.
Linda

Happy Owner

AUTHOR: Ls-indiana - (U.S.A.)

I am sorry to hear of a fellow Hoosier having such a bad experience. We have not had the same experience, though. We purchased in September of 2007, and our membership was active the second week of October. At that time I called to make our April 2008 vacation reservations. I knew that it might be difficult on such short notice since I was aware that timeshare vacationing takes planning, sometimes as much as a year out. So I called with several options in mind, the first one I asked for was Seaglass Tower for the week of April 19. Well, I got it; I even got oceanfront on the top floor. What a view! We are already planning next year's vacation since we want to go to Florida in May and Florida seems to fill up quickly. We are pleased owners and want to increase our points down the road.

As for the sales people, our first sales person was great. I have yet to find a "lie" that he told, everything has been as he said. My opinion is that salespeople are just that "salespeople" whether it be used cars, insurance, or timeshare. Some are good, some are not. However, we hear more about the bad ones, than we do about the good ones. I hope the next one we get is as good as our first one.