Complaint Review: Bluegreen Vacation Unlimited

• Submitted: Wed, July 25, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, April 01, 2010

• Reported By:Rossville Tennessee
Bluegreen Vacation Unlimited
4960 Conference Way N,.Ste 100 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-456-2582
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Bluegreen - MountainLoft Resort In Gatlinburg ripoff Why fool a couple of people when you can fool a room full????? Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: PAID BLUEGREEN - BOILER ROOM SHILLS

*Consumer Comment: How wrong can you be?

*Consumer Comment: Shill Poster

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Mountain loft bluegreen resorts

*Consumer Suggestion: For Lee

*Consumer Comment: Our Experience - Poor Sales Department

*Consumer Comment: "That Guy"... help!

*Consumer Comment: To "THAT GUY" In INDIANAPOLIS

*Consumer Comment: Jeffery you ought to be ashamed of yourself!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Bluegreen Will Rip you off. Plain and simple.

*Consumer Comment: Some people think they got a good deal

*Author of original report: Jeffrey, why don't you read the DETAILS before you IMPLY I'm financially irresponsible????

*UPDATE Employee: BLUEGREEN IS ONE OF THE BEST VACATION OWNERSHIP COMPANIES OUT THERE

*Consumer Comment: pity you did not check out bluegreen group

*Consumer Comment: pity you did not check out bluegreen group

*Author of original report: update

Yes, we did the timeshare resort tour @ MountainLoft in Gatlinburg..........and were "convinced" this was the deal for us. After all, a family of four needs all the discounted attraction tickets it can get. After touring the gorgeous model units and being pressured (an understatement) with the sales pitch (which went WAY over the 90-120 minutes we were told it would last), we signed a contract. After hearing the "warm and friendly" chatter (shmoozing) about all of the "benefits" of this and that......yada, yada, yada- we heard "This deal is ONLY good for today. Sign today and we'll give you 30 days same as cash- you can arrange your own financing!.blah, blah,blah. Why do you need to go home and think about it?? It's a win-win situation...........with a family of four,you can't afford to pass this up. This will be something that you can pass along to your children"......and on and on and on. As part of the deal, a 10% down payment was required- which amounted to right at $1700. We then told them that after vacationing for a week with a 15yr old and a 7yr old, we didn't have that kind of cash.....that if we did, we wouldn't be sitting through their presentation just to get "free" attraction tickets! A sales manager by the name of Marcia then agreed that if we would sign the deal that day, we could put down an initial down pymt of $300 and then post date a check for July 27th for the rest. It just so happened that my husband had just recently worked quite a few overtime hours- which he would be paid for on July 26th. From all appearances, it was meant to be. Reluctantly, we gave them two checks- the $300 to be deposited immediately, and the remainder of the down pymt, $1400 date July 27, 2007. We received our attraction tickets, owner's bag with manual, copies of our contract and were sent on our way.

The first thing I did upon arriving home two days later (on a Saturday), was to get online and research Bluegreen Vacations on Ripoff report.com. Sunday morning couldn't have gotten here fast enough. We were waiting at FedEx-Kinkos when they opened- with our letter of CANCELLATION!! Because it was Sunday, our letter wouldn't get to corporate headquarters until Tuesday- which was well within the 10 day timeshare cancellation period in Tennessee. I would also contact our credit union about issuing a stop payment on the two checks left @ MountainLoft for the 10% down payment.

After being on vacation for a week, I had to be at work on time (8:00am) Monday morning- which also happened to be the same time our credit union opened. Discovering that you have to go into the branch to place a stop payment on a check, and I knew that there was no way I could get there until later into Monday morning, I transferred just enough $ out of our main checking account into a secondary account so the $300 check wouldn't clear. Imagine my surprise after arriving at the credit union at around 9:30am to discover that not only had the $300 check tried to clear, but also the $1400 check!! I then fould out from the teller @ the credit union that they do not allow stop payments to be issued on checks already presented for payment and returned due to insufficient funds-even though both checks would likely be presented a second time for payment. I then asked the head teller how could Bluegreen present a post dated check for payment five days before the date on the check. She then told me that it didn't matter what date was on the check- that they (Bluegreen) could present it whenever they wanted. The credit union would only question a date that was more than 180 days in the past!

Come this Thursday (7/26)- husband's payday, I'll have to get online and transfer his direct deposit paycheck from our regular account to the secondary account to keep those checks from clearing- since I can't stop payment on them!!! And I'll be darned if I'm going to let those checks clear- I would never get my money back!

So now I sit and wait to see what happens- and accumulate returned check charges.

Regina
Rossville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2007 05:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluegreen-Vacation-Unlimited/Orlando-Florida-33431/Bluegreen-MountainLoft-Resort-In-Gatlinburg-ripoff-Why-fool-a-couple-of-people-when-you-263195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluegreen Vacation Unlimited

PAID BLUEGREEN - BOILER ROOM SHILLS

AUTHOR: Brandon - (USA)

IF YOU ARE READING THIS ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION....WHY, IF YOU ARE A "HAPPY OWNER" WOULD YOU HAVE BOTHERED TO FIND THE TIME TO COME TO THIS WEBSITE, TAKE THE TIME OUT OF YOUR HAPPY OWNER DAY TO PLAY CHEER LEADER FOR THIS TIMESHARE COMPANY....SHORT ANSWER - YOU WOULDN'T.  THESE PEOPLE ARE SHILLS!!!!!

PAID BLUEGREEN - BOILER ROOM SHILLS!

EVERY SINGLE POST BY ANYONE CLAIMING TO BE A "HAPPY OWNER" IS COMPLETELY BOGUS.  WHY IN THE H**L WOULD YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT COMING TO THIS WEBSITE AND THEN POSTING?

If you are a Bluegreen owner heres what you can expect:

1.  No avaliablity...UNLESS you are a CASH PAYING CUSTOMER!!!!

2.  Ruined credit if you refuse to pay, regardless of how you've been duped.

3.  No customer service.  Bluegreen does not care about you as an owner - only your money.

Mike1, Smithiethekid, and Every other long winded poster that comes to consumer complaints sites to tell you that Bluegreen is wonderful and these consumers just wanted something for nothing are PAID BLUEGREEN EMPLOYEES....THEY ARE ON THE PAYROLL!!!!!!!

Bluegreen, and it's nests of liars and thieves don't care about you or your family.  They laugh and cheer everytime they sucker another vicitm then push them out the door.  They gather together after a day of robbing good people and laugh about how stupid you are over drink and the local bar.

How wrong can you be?

AUTHOR: Smithiekid1623 - (United Kingdom)

How wrong can you be and how many times do I have to say this

I DO NOT WORK FOR BLUEGREEN .

Check out all the Bluegreen Locations and you will find the nearest to where I live is arround 3500 miles ----- thats one hell of a round journy to travel to work each day

Just get a life and remeber YOU signed the PAPERWORK nobody else but YOU

Shill Poster

AUTHOR: Brandon - (USA)

Phillip Smith aka "smithiethekid" is a shill for Bluegreen.  Disregard this guys posts.  Notice his location.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Mountain loft bluegreen resorts

AUTHOR: missmary - (United States of America)

I read some of Mountain loft Ripoffs. When I read Phil Longs it made me want to write this.

I read the reports about good and bad. I own 4 weeks timeshare. NONE for Bluegreen. I know Fairfield was talked down I own two weeks. When we first bought Fairfield the Salesman said after we signed all the paper work that you would NEVER see a black person as a owner at any Fairfield . The only black person you would see is a worker. Only white americans would ever own a Fairfield Timeshare. That was at Fairfield Mountains. I know that Fairfield has mystery shoppers visit their resorts as protential buyers. they are hired by Fairfield and they have a recorder recording the whole conversation with any sales rep or sales manager. I have heard even the presedent of Fairfield in disquise goes to many resorts as a protential customer just to see how customers are treated

I don't own at Bluegreen. I have taken a tour at Bluegreen I did buy a sample package. I didn't care how the points worked. We stayed at Mountain Loft and loved it mainly because of the two activities girls. They busted their a*s to provide good activities. I called one of the Blue green resorts to ask a few questions I was going to use some of my RCI to book a week their. I talked to the girl they don't have a indoor pool the outside pool is closed. For laundry you had to go to a laundry mat off the property. They don't have much to offer if you need a change of sheets or towels it will cost extra

You make it sound that people are grubbers they just want the free gift. Well if the so called people on the street and telemarkers would tell the prospective victoms (customers.) more truths they wouldn't be sending customers into the boiler room.

I know a person who was talked into buying he lost his job 16 months ago. The timeshare company don't care they want their money.

A timeshare is something you have to use if a salesperson tells you you can rent it or sell it that is lies. At one of the timeshares I own they of course had me come down for a HA (survey.) I sat down and said I am not buying any more  And she started tell me how I could give my week to a charity to sell raffle tickets for some (sucker) to use my week she said they could sell say 1,000 tickets for 10 dollars a piece. the charity would keep 60 percent of the money I would get 40 percent that would pay my 900 dollar maintance bill for the year. they people who did not win the timeshare company would invite them down for a get away and if any one bought  a membership I would get  paid so much money. She said she averages out of 10 people 5 buy.

As far as I'm concern that is not right. I have been at resorts. people bring their pets. they are barking all night long. The people might be in the room and they have the dogs or dog on the enclosed porch.

I own at Westgate. I have a son handicapped I asked for a handicapped room My regular condo was refurnished and they took out the shower. The girl who took me to the room called someone and she got me into a double room that had handicapped. I thought that was very good.We went to Richmond Va once with Fairfield I got a A and B condo It was real nice.

I once went to Westgate and this man was cussing and really mad He bought a one bedroom and every year Westgate would upgrade him into a two bedroom no extra charge. this year He got his original condo. He was very mad he said he was going to sue Westgate and and that kind of crap. He got what he paid for. We like all of our timeshare.

I had a couple weeks spacebanked into RCI and I found out they expire the end of December. I called Rci and I did get reservation for this month. Only one thing one week starts on sunday and the second week starts on Saturday So I lost one day. I had to pay 189 dollars for each week. to RCI. I learned my lesson don't spacebank unless you really have to and by all means don't forget the two years creap up fast.

Maybe more timeshare companies should have mystery shoppers to come and see if the sales people are treating customers like they should.

Phil longs not all people are out to get something free LIKE YOU THINK. When people are asked to see a presentation they are told no problem just say no get your free gifts or 100 dollars and leave. If after 90 minutes just get up and say good by.

Timeshare has in some instances earned their reputation. Just like door to door vacume salesmen . Maintanience is around say 700 taxes and insurance another couple hundred and the almighty special assessment they like to charge might be another 400. if if you exchange to another resort through RCI its another 189 dollars plus the yearly fee of RCI.

Timeshare salesmen keep it up you won't be doing many presentations. I know one salesman in South Carolina he said they usually see over 100 families a day  anymore they might be lucky to see 20.

Down in Florida most of the little shacks that use to sign people up for tours are gone out of business. I WONDER why??? A lot of resorts have gotten rid of a lot of employees that includs Bluegreen. Sales people and housekeeping and anyone they need to get rid of.

To the original poster:

Lets look at what really happened here. You showed up at the resort to get some free or super discounted stuff. (because you are broke) you KNEW that to get said free / discount stuff that you must sit through a sales presentation.

During this presentation you saw some things that made sense to you. You learned how you could afford to take your familly on amazing vacations to amazing places, (you cant right now because you are broke) You learned how you could own your vacations insted of renting them, you saw how by purchasing the program you could leave a vacation legacy to your kids and even grandkids. You were offered some great incentives to join then and there, and said YES. You made a commitment to pay for the program, and promised to pay for the program. (even though you could not because you are broke) then you went home and read a bunch of crap puked up by people who dont own and are pissed about the sales presentation NOT at what they dont own and decided to go back on what you promised to do.

The real problem here is broke freeloaders coming to timeshare presentations and buying things they cant afford (because they are broke) then canceling. The real problem is broke scumbags thinking they are so smart coming in to get free crap and gettting out without getting "talked into something". The problem is all the lies YOU PEOPLE (the broke people) spew to your sales reps (who you expect to be honest). Sales reps hear it all from you people... " I cant buy because I left my wallet home", " my cat needs braces", "we have never been to one before and need to check it out". As you sit there reading this think back to the tours you have taken, what was your "plan" to get out without buying? What lies did you spew and puke. Deny it all you want but the biggest liars in the room are ALWAYS the guests, never the reps. The first thing a rep learns is that you can always tell your guest is lying....if his/her lips are moving. Its true.

Timeshare is not for everyone, but millions of people are smart enough to see the value, and not so broke that they have to try and con timeshares to get free tickets, they buy and enjoy years of wonderful vacations. They pass it on to kids, and can take vacations you never will for thousands less (money you dont have becasue you are broke) For the rest, to each his own.... BUT...

As a sales rep I ask you to do this. If you have no interest in it, and would never buy, and hate timeshare and timeshare does not work, and you dont vacation, and you dont stay in resorts and your brother has one you use free and you camp and your so damm broke you cant afford to pay attention let alone pay for a timeshare, KEEP YOUR a*s AT HOME! DONT WASTE MY TIME. I get 2 shots per day to make the money that I use to pay my mortgage and feed my kids, please dont waste them with your lies and bullcrap, stay at home, or get a real job like me that lets you afford nice things like tickets to amusment parks and shows without having to go waste some sales reps day listening to your bullsh it and lies.

If you cant make a decison today... YOU JUST DID! You decided to be a free loader, you decided to come to the presentation, if you dont like how we sell it KEEP YOUR a*s AT HOME.

To the rest of you with some interest, Blue Green is a GREAT comapny with an awesome product, 230,000+ owners and more every day, the complaints here are almost ALL from dummys who did not buy and hate the sales process, not people who own and are out on vacation insed of bitching on the internet.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

For Lee

Lee,
I am also a BG owner please join the Bluegreen Yarhoo group and ask the same questions. You will get a full explaination to all your concerns ie BG renting out unsold inventory. They are the owners of that inventory and have to make them earn their keep , this they do by renting in the same way you and I are allowed to book a vacation and then rent it out to a third party to off set our MF if we do not wish to use the points for our own use.
This inventory is not part of the vaction club and so in one way he was right in saying it is not available to vaction club owners but you can rent it direct from the owner which in this case is BG. I think you will find this standard practise though out the industry

Our Experience - Poor Sales Department

AUTHOR: Lee - (U.S.A.)

Hello all, my Wife and I have been owners for a little over 2 years. We have had numerous issues with the sales staff providing false or misleading information. It is a huge pain to have to deal with this and address each issue as it arises.

So far Cons or problems thus far:

1. We were given bogus information as to the due date of our first maintenance fees... so be careful there.

2. The ability to sell hot weeks to help pay for our loan... not how he described it... not enough time to post a vacation for sale that books in a few days... sorry sales people it does not work that way:(

3. Being that we have enjoyed our vacation membership aside from some of the cons we decided to upgrade and purchase more points. BUT again, we were mis-informed about the due date of the maintenance fees!!! This time I know it was to make the sale go through. We told them over and over that we had a lot of payments for our vehicle taxes and home expenses etc... and that to pay for the larger down payment and then turn around and pay maintenance fees would be to much. We were told "because you are closing on such & such date, your fees will not be due till X"..... LIE! BE very careful with this information, our fees came due the next month.... YUP!

4. We have stayed at 4 Bluegreen resorts with in the 2 years, and have been very happy with them over all. However, some concerns have risen as to the way a couple of them are being maintained. One resort we stayed at contracts out their cleaning services and we had to switch rooms twice, because of the dirty house keeping and the nasty furniture. Not to mention the cleaning crew was outside on the property all smoking like a chimney, and cussing up a storm (not a professional environment). So with the nasty and broken furniture I was wondering what my "maintenance fees" were paying for....??? Still a good question.
But once this got addressed our stay was very nice and the location was perfect.

5. Most recently I found out that the general public can go to internet sites like hotels.com and others like it and pick their dates and stay at OUR (meaning us OWNERS) resorts. Now, we were told by the sales department "that the good thing about Bluegreen is that it is a vacation membership resort club, and that non-members could not come in and stay at the resort, which protects your investment." "You can have your family or friends stay with you, but we do not allow the general public in the facilities, so again your investment is safe."

The thing that bothers me here and should bother ALL owners, is that these general public people do not pay maintenance fees nor membership fees to stay at our resorts. They come in there with NO sense of ownership and ruin our investment. They can ruin the furniture, break the pools, damage units and all the while "WE" the owners are paying for it!

At the end of the fiscal year the amount it costs to upkeep these resorts is looked at, and fees are adjusted based on that. The problem is that the general public that has no value or stake in making sure they take care of the entire property while they are there. THIS HAS TO STOP!

I was told today, June 30, 2009 by Josh in owner services that those availabilities I saw on hotels.com and the others are allowed to be sold like that, because they are what is called un-sold inventory. These are units that Bluegreen has not sold a deed to (supposedly) and that they open them up for the general public to stay in and we as members are not entitled to them ("can not be let to club members" Josh, 2009).

Well this is shocking and goes against all we were told when we first became members... and this is why many out there can not get the dates they want. The BIG problem is that they get to stay and ruin our investments, take up our spaces when WE want to travel, and NOT pay and fees for doing so!!!

OWNERS WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING HERE

6. Lastly, I went to make a reservation for a resort that is listed as a "Bluegreen resort" you know from your packets (the ones in orange), and to my surprise Bluegreen does not own it.... What? They only manage it... yup... manage it! So, again they are misrepresenting their assets. They are telling all of us that they own this property (by way of verbal and written visuals) and they do not.

I found this out when I went to make a reservation and was told that there was nothing available for the times I wanted, and I asked what dates they have so that I may adjust my schedule to fit. I was then told that I could not use bonus time or use the advanced booking because it is not a Bluegreen property... So during the sales pitch, they are professing to own properties that they do not... and this can be another big problem legally I would say.

Gifts for becoming a Member (Warning)

Do not let this sway your decision as they should not anyway! Besides the gifts are JUNK! We found that out. They gave us RCI certificates which can only be used during most winter months in places you don't want to go during those times, and they are only good for like a year. Next, they gave us some crappy cruse voucher that was supposed to be a free cruse for 2, but after sending in the deposit and picking our date I was surprised at the what they were charging for port fees and taxes... $170 something each.

So, I called the cruise line myself and asked about booking the same ship for the same route at the same time and the port fees and taxes were only 60 dollars each, and the total for that trip booking through the cruise line was like $360 something and change. *So, this was a buy one get one free deal, not a free cruise for 2 as presented! There presentation is tricky and false, and they should be ashamed!

But what is worse, is that now as an owner they are representing OUR future investments with lies, and devaluing our stock in this company with those lies. As a publicly traded company, they work for US OWNERS and INVESTORS, and their lies will hurt us in the end. We (OWNERS) must stand up and hold them accountable and make sure this company get on the right track.

Pros:
1. However, as many have said you do have to learn how to work your vacations out and it takes a bit of patients and practice. We have enjoyed our 4 week stays aside from some of the cons.

2. The locations are great and the staff at the resorts (other than the contracted house keepers in PA) have been excellent.

3. We have traveled a lot more, and it makes us go on vacation, which is something we both love and missed for years. Personally, I do think the program works or has for us thus far, but there are some major issues that need fixing.

*** Several of the issues mentioned above are serious and could have legal ramification toward Bluegreen, as an owner I want them fixed for our investment sake, and if you are an Owner we need to make the accountable to US, for their action!

**** If we do nothing and let them take control, our investments will quickly disappear into the hands of corporate creed and our investments will be worth nothing!

"That Guy"... help!

AUTHOR: Ben - (U.S.A.)

Hi. My wife and I own a Bluegreen timeshare with 10,000 points. Sadly, all of the negative criticism above is true. The salespeople lied to us knowingly to get us to buy, and now we're stuck with $700 of fees every year for the rest of our lives. What a wonderful gift to pass on to our children. :)

We've already filed complaints on this web site and others, so I won't go into all that again, but I'm interested in the help of the former Bluegreen employee. Is there a way to sell our points to one of those few people who might actually enjoy them? We have 12,000 points that come every two years, so it's effectively 6,000 points per year.

Help! :)

#12 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Flip - (U.S.A.)

I would like to weight in on the bluegreen or t/s issue. First, let me start by telling you about myself. I am a licensed tn real estate agent and have been in whole real estate and t/s for 8 years. I have done well and have hundreds of satified owners! How do I know this? Two ways, I own and use t/s and talk to not only my owners, but ones i meet on vacation.
1. "you" want or need something for free!
2. It is really not free because it's a question of what your vacation time is worth with your family.
3."you" don't want to be there or even listen, but you expect a salesperson who goes to work to feed his family like you do yours not to want to do his job because of "your" wants or desires(i.e.free in 90 or less which the value of what "you" recieved is probably more than "you" make in one day. It cost $400 to get "you" to that table. When was the last time "you" went to "your" attorney and wasted three hours of his time on casual talk. Would he waste his time?
Lets sum this up:
The true problem is that "free" is the most powerful word in the english language. Most people know they can't afford it before they go. How is the rep supposed to know how much disposable income you have. Most people that own don't have huge salaries, but want better that a hotel. Owners that don't know what they own are unhappy sometimes,but shouldn't the know abouth what they own? Most owners cant tell you where they own even if they are happy. Either way it is always the reps or companies fault. The industry has a 86% satisfaction rating. Go to ARDA and check for "yourself". I travel more than ever due to t/s and thats about six weeks a year. My six weeks costs me about 2k with maint. fees and exchanges if i do them. The average client that becomes an owner with me will spend most of the day by choice! They know what they own and in 8 yrs only 7% cancel which is very low.

People often have the same bad views, but if the had the knowledge of the business their views would be different! T/s is a wonderful thing for families. If owning one is not for "you" rent the same places, spend more and have nothing to will to your family and my grandchildren will show "yours" their photos.

#13 UPDATE EX-employee responds

#14 UPDATE EX-employee responds

To "THAT GUY" In INDIANAPOLIS

AUTHOR: Robin Ann - (U.S.A.)

You were not responsible for the menacing ways of Bluesh*t (as I refer to them) You weren't the one lying to the customers- you were trying to help them. It is the sales sharks who sell these packages. They lie their a$$es off just to make a sale without regard to the after-care of said customer. Their only concern is to make the sale that is why they lie through their stinking teeth.
Actually, in retrospect they did you a huge favor by letting you go. But, Iam curious as to why they did this? Did you ask too many questions that they did not have answers for? Did you go against the grain and by that I mean did you try to help people out of a bad situation at Bluesh*t's expense? Either way they still did you a favor. Who's nerves could take coming into work everyday and dealing with pissed-off people ALL DAY LONG?? I couldn't stand that! You know that they (the consumers) were lied to and decieved and now your'e expected to clean up their (salespeople's) mess??
That's BULLSH*T.
Well, I just wanted to tell you that I think it is nice of you to offer your assistance to the unhappy ( putting it mildly) owners.
Good luck and God bless.

Jeffery you ought to be ashamed of yourself!

AUTHOR: Robin Ann - (U.S.A.)

Everything that "that guy" said, I believe. He has no reason to lie. He is not making big commisions on the sales. YOU ARE.
Ofcourse you are going to lie your a** off, that is your livelihood. How stupid do you think people are?
You need to get a grip on reality and figure out that Bluesh*t is not in all of the trouble that they are because of a few disgruntled consumers. NO JEFF, in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania ALONE they have scammed more than 5,700 people. The number increases daily as the consumers are going to his website to file their claims, since the ATTORNEY GENERAL- Tom Corbett's Office filed a major lawsuit on your "supposed" wonderful company.
It is stated in the suit that: "it is hard to imagine a consumer protection law that was not violated by Bluegreen".
WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THAT???
Put it down here for ALL to see. Let's hear the rhetoric and even MORE lies. Yes, it's just what these people need who were so clearly violated already.
You are the opitome of Bluesh*t. A big deceptive conartist just like the rest of the slugs that work for them. You salesmen will do or say anything you have to - to make the sale. THAT IS ALL YOU CARE ABOUT, YOUR NEXT COMMISION CHECK.
Stop coming on here and trying to defend these low-lifes because NOW you are one of them!! YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK. VULCHERS.

#17 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Bluegreen Will Rip you off. Plain and simple.

AUTHOR: That Guy - (U.S.A.)

I was recently let go from Bluegreen. I worked in Indianapolis, in a call center that we have...and When owners call to actually MAKE their reservations, or have any questions or complaints, they called us. Now, because of what I had to do at work, I was exposed to the entire operation that bluegreen has going on. Not very nice. Of COURSE, there are some bluegreen owners that have no issues, they can go where they want, have plenty of money, and never have problems with the company. About 2 percent of the owners I would say. The other 98 percent is pissed off because nothing is ever available. Pissed off they keep getting charged money for no reason. Pissed about being tricked into buying. Pissed about the customer service. Pissed about the resort they are staying in. Pissed their points are not good for what they want to do, even though the salesperson said that would be the case. I know ALL of these things.

Every day I worked the phones, speaking with owners, and hearing a variety of complaints and what not. While I strived to do my part in helping people out when I can, it never could outshine the real menace of bluegreen. PEOPLE, DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. Please. The salespeople will bold face lie to you. At the call center we couldn't stand our own salespeople because they caused owners to call in with incorrect information, and caused many people to become upset. If you already own, I suggest you get out now. Only just a few days ago, maintenance fees were raised. When I got to work and found out, I asked " Why? " I was told " Nobody knows. We're just telling people it's because of the economy. " Wow. We raise people's fees, and don't even have a real reason. Just raise 'em. We charged people just for changing reservations. We charged them cash to purchase points by the thousand, but to me it is a waste. 1,000 points for 150 dollars. You will not be able to go anywhere, unless it's a place nobody wants...with no less than 3 to 4 thousand points. And THEN when you get some of your points, half the time you cannot travel during the times you want because it's already booked, or your points are useless. Bluegreen is useless as a whole if you ask me. Anybody need help with their bluegreen timeshare? I might be able to provide assistance...Just let me know.

Some people think they got a good deal

AUTHOR: Lenny - (U.S.A.)

Timeshares aren't for everyone.

Think about the sales pitch:
- Price is only good for this day. ha ha
- The units only appreciate in value. ha ha, look at the resale market
- You can use other resort properties. But how much do you have to pay for the privledge of transfering your week? $75? $100? It isn't free. And if it is for a more expensive property or week you are going to pay for the difference.
- How much in monthly maintenance do you pay? $50 per month or $600 per year.

So now you go for your week. You've already paying $600 for that week in maintenance fees alone. And say you buy one for $31,000 - invested at 3% that will give you $900/year. So now your 'week' is costing $1,500/year or over $200/night. Doesn't sound like such a good deal to me. And of course the maintenance fees can and do go up every year. If there a cleaning fees, tack them on.

Resale - http://alltimeshare.com/links/pages/United_States/TN/Gatlinburg/
2 bedroom $9,500 but make an offer
bedroom not specified $5,000 but make an offer
1 bedroom $6,500 but make an offer
2 bedroom $11,000 but make an offer

It is difficult to resell a unit once you have it and of course you're not going to make any money on it.

Some people love timeshares but I'd rather rent for $150 a night where I want to go when I want to go rather than being limited and paying over $200 a night.

AUTHOR: Regina - (U.S.A.)

First, I'm not surprised regarding your response. You Bluegreen Cronies are too busy trying to SCREW people out of their MONEY to pay attention to DETAILS. I did what I was instructed to do by the BlueGreen rep regarding the down payment. I wrote the first check reflecting the date the papers were signed. The second check was POST DATED one week ahead. I guess that would fall under ".......Bluegreen has so many options available...." as that is the option that was presented to us. IF you had read the CONTENT of my complaint, you would have learned that only upon our arrival home- which was on a Sunday- did I read of similiar experiences by other families. All I had to do was Google "BlueGreen" and low and behold, RipOff Report was probably the fourth or fifth site listed. Boy, am I glad I checked them out.

Because we had been on vacation for the previous week, there was no way my husband or myself could be at our financial institution first thing that following Monday morning to place a stop payment on the checks issued for down payment. That is when we made the decision to TRANSFER the money OUT of the account the down payment checks were written on. IF you were as smart as you think you are, then you would know what TRANSFER means and NOT imply that we wrote checks that we knew we didn't have the money for.

As for the ".......many wonderful options ...." - what a load of S*%T!! As part of our agreement (OPTION as you like to call it), the second check given for the remaining balance of the $1700 down payment was NOT TO BE DEPOSITED BY BLUEGREEN until 1 week AFTER the agreement was signed. Imagine my surprise, when on that Monday morning (ONLY TWO DAYS after the agreement was signed), the second check tried to clear. WHEN I WAS TEN YEARS OLD, I LEARNED THAT WHEN YOU GAVE SOMEONE YOUR WORD.......AND ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU PUT IT IN WRITING...... YOU HONOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If BlueGreen was such a reputable business, WHY would you present a post dated check SEVEN days BEFORE you were supposed to? Don't you DARE tell me that your company is so wonderful and IMPLY that I am irresponsible financially! I made the choice to move that money out of one account into another because I knew that if BlueGreen got their greedy hands on it, I WOULD NEVER SEE IT AGAIN!!!

In closing, I have not said that timeshares are a bad thing. After doing more research, I discovered that you can buy great timeshare deals DIRECT from the owners for a FRACTION of the cost. I did say that the practices of people like yourself and the company you represent is despicable and disgusting.

BLUEGREEN IS ONE OF THE BEST VACATION OWNERSHIP COMPANIES OUT THERE

AUTHOR: Jeffrey - (U.S.A.)

First off I would like to say I bought into Bluegreen about 9 years ago and its the best thing I have ever purchased concerning my vacationing. I love it so much I decided to work for Bluegreen. I currently work as a sales agent at Mountain Loft in Gatlinburg, TN. This is the first resort Bluegreen built and it is a fantastic resort. This person obviously has problems with their financial situation and if they didnt have the money in their account, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE WRITTEN A CHECK! I learned that when I was 10 years old. Thats a bad decission on your part. Not Bluegreen's. We have so many options available for you as a consumer that wouldnt have required you to write a check for funds you DONT HAVE!
Bluegreen currently has over 170,000 owners and over 50% of our business comes from our current owners. That tells me that our owners are very happy with what they have purchased. We simple show people how they can save money on future vacations with our ownership program. I for one would much rather spend $8,900 (our smallest package) and vacation in luxury than $150 a night on some dump these people are most likely used to staying in.
If you vacation 14 nights a year and spend lets say $100 a night at a hotel, thats $1400 a year. Lets also say your going to vacation another 30 years, thats $42000 you are going to spend on what???? A ROOM!!!! This doesnt include room taxes and inflation.. What financial benefit did you gain???? I hear people say "Well, we dont stay in the room much on vacation". Guess what, your still paying the same price whether your in the room or not!
Now you can buy one of our packages, lets say you purchase our silver package @ $31,000, and use it at any one of our more that 40 resorts, anytime of the year and any size accommodation. If the 40+ resorts arent enough for you, then you can use our exchange program which adds another 3,700 resorts all over the world.
If you decide 20 years from now you want to sell it, you can do so. If you are not going to use your points this year, you can rent them. If you die or retire from vacationing, you can will your points to anyone you want too. That $31000 you spent for your vacationing future is never lost. What are you going to get back on the $42000 you are going to spend on hotel rooms???????? Not a darn thing!!! Yeah you have memories and photos, which dont get me wrong are great, but try selling those pictures. What are you going to get????? $0!!!!
Now if you want to sell your points and get out, then you can. Lets say you spend the $31,000 on our silver package and 30 years from now we have some kind of major thing happen and you can only sell it for $20,000, would you rather have a 100% lose with the $42000 you spent on hotel rooms or sell your Bluegreen points and put $20,000 back in your pocket????? Geee let me guess.....
Bluegreen was not responsible for you writting a check you didnt have the money to cover, you are responsible for that! You sound more like a person that has made many bad financial decisions in your life and just want to blame your failures on other people.

pity you did not check out bluegreen group

AUTHOR: Smithiekid1623 - (United Kingdom)

its such a pity you did not research into the positve side of Bluegreen Join the Bluegreen group and then you will see what the benifits are instead of just reading the reports of here. It appears that most on here only hear what they want to hear and think they can get something for nothing , that never has and never will be the case.
We have had many good holidays using Bluegreen points (most have been in prime time) we now have 36000 points and next year (after being owners since 1999 ) will be at break even point so after that 4 weeks prime time holidays for the cost of MF and flights that will make us quids in We also started when the kids were 13 and 11.
Holidays for 2008 are 1 week Orlando

1 week Gulf coast
2 weeks SC

Regards
Phillip

update

AUTHOR: Regina - (U.S.A.)

Please let me stand corrected- Bluegreen Vacations out of Boca Raton, FL- not Orlando as mentioned in orginal posting.

Thanks.