Complaint Review: Bluehost Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, April 23, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 23, 2012

• Reported By: SM — Wisconsin United States of America
Bluehost Inc.
1958 South 950 East Internet United States of America

Bluehost Inc. Refusal to refund money upon request to cancel account within time frame, charging again a year later. Internet

I signed up to use this company to build my website.  According to their agreement, if you are unhappy with the services, you could cancel within 30 days and get a full refund.  I was not happy with the website builder - it was slow, cumbersome, and froze up - so decided to cancel before my 30 days were up.  I sent a request to cancel the account.  Apparently this was never done, and now a year later I am charged yet another $300 for another year.  They did back off the "automatic renewal" charges, yet NEVER refunded me for my first year even after they were asked to cancel the account and refund me back then.  The claim to have sent me an email asking me for more information - to which I never go this so called email.  This is wrong.  When I explained to them, I never got any such email and would like my original fee credited to my credit card - they refuse saying "I" did not follow protocol.  They admittedly know they got the request from me to cancel the account, yet they will not refund the money.  When I requested they credit me for the renewal charges - this was done and I was never asked for anymore information to do this.  This is wrong.  They admit they know I wanted the account canceled yet still no refund.  They owe me over $200 and will not refund it.  I have never gotten the same person reply to me yet.  I have asked to talk to a supervisor to no avail.  All I get is bounced from one "billing specialist" to another apologizing but they will not refund my money they owe me.  This company sincerely needs to be looked into.  DO NOT do business with this company - they truly are a Ripoff.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2012 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bluehost-Inc/internet/Bluehost-Inc-Refusal-to-refund-money-upon-request-to-cancel-account-within-time-frame-c-872526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bluehost Inc.