Complaint Review: Blumenthals

• Updated: Tue, April 08, 2014

• Reported By: Rene_X — Oklahoma City Oklahoma
Blumenthals
504 SW 4th Oklahoma City, Oklahoma USA

Blumenthals Blumenthals is comprised of a bunch of con artists, thieves, and idiot mechanics Oklahoma City Oklahoma

In January 2012, Blumenthals rebuilt the engine in my car. Engine is totally screwed up as a direct result of shoddy service and cheap crappy parts.
For the first 6 weeks the car leaked coolant. The leak was finally traced back to a defective plastic elbow which they had put on. This was the second defective (i.e. cheap and crappy) part Blumenthals had used. From the first day I got my car back I knew there was something not right with it. It lacked power, hesitated and jerked, and was using a ridiculous amount of gas. Every time I contacted Blumenthals they either ignored me, gave me the run around, or blatantly lied to me. I got sick of dealing with them and just tolerated my lousy engine. During the summer of 2012 engine performance got much worse. The engine light and the Reduced Engine Power light would come on and off. The codes varied anywhere from 2 to 8 codes at a time. My mechanic replaced one of the coils, that Blumenthals had put on but now denies putting on, and this temporarily improved the way the car was running. Then it got much worse. I repeatedly returned to Blumenthals telling them they had screwed up my car. Their responses varied from promising to fix it to saying there was nothing wrong. Ultimately the problem was traced back to a bad ecm. After doing my own research I discovered that while it doesn't happen often, it is possible that a bad coil can short out the ecm. I showed the old coil to one of the managers and even he confirmed that the coil was a cheap, crappy, no-name part that was "probably made in Pakistan". He now denies ever saying that. He promised to replace the ecm for me. After waiting a week I called him back asking what the hold up was. He keep changing his answers and kept coming up excuses. I got fed up with his delays and BS and told him so. He responded by telling me that if I can find an ecm on my own then go ahead and do it and he would pay for it. I hung up with him, made one phone call and found it immediately. I called Mike back and told him I had found my ecm. He told me just bring the part and the receipt and they will put it in and reimburse me. Their mechanic installed the new ecm and put the scanner on to check for codes only after I told him to. There were none but there was an immediate problem. When I started driving I was doing about 10-15 mph and the speedometer was up over 100 mph. Needless to say the car wasn't driving too well. Rather than tell them, I just drove home. It was closing time and it was also very obvious they couldn't have cared less. The next morning I called Mike and told him. He told me to drop the car off and they would check it out. Blumenthals are notorious time wasters. I have never seen people move so slow at getting anything done. Instead I took it to my mechanic. After doing a diagnostic he had not only identified the problem but also the solution in less than half an hour. The ecm was for a manual transmission so the clutch sensor wasn't working right. The solution was to have it reprogrammed by the Chevy dealership. I called Mike and told him to call Chevy to have it done. About this time Blumenthals general manager Harry Brown got involved. He was extremely irritated that I dared to insinuate Blumenthals used anything less than top quality premium parts and made it his mission to set out to prove that everything that was going wrong with my car was not covered by my warranty. Harry Brown kept telling me that the warranty covers "the long block ONLY". I'm complaining about the lousy service and cheap crappy parts that have totally screwed up my car. Two mechanics confirmed there was a vacuum leak. Everyone at Blumenthals said they heard nothing and I was imaging it. My mechanic discovered the source of the leak was the intake manifold gasket. When Blumenthals rebuilt the engine they just put the old intake manifold gasket back on. I have been paying to fix everything Blumenthals screwed up. Basically I'm having to pay for the same thing twice. Now the spark plugs are going out and it turns out they are the wrong ones for my car. And there is a mystery electrical problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2014 11:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Blumenthals/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma/Blumenthals-Blumenthals-is-comprised-of-a-bunch-of-con-artists-thieves-and-idiot-mechan-1137420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Blumenthals