Complaint Review: Board of Water & Light

• Updated: Sun, May 29, 2011

• Reported By: Seeking Justice — Lansing Michigan United States of America
Board of Water & Light
1232 Haco Dr. Lansing, Michigan United States of America

Board of Water & Light High Bill Payments Ripoff of Customers Investigation is Needed Lansing, Michigan

This company has been ripping me off for the last year and a half. Before that I would have to say billing has been somewhat reasonable. I called to complain because I had been getting billed around $400 a month for my electric bill in the winter months. When winter passed it went to around $200 a month still to much I think for a 2 bedroom apartment occupied by one person.

I spoke to several people I know and they said they were paying that much for their home. The BWL response was in the winter you pay more for electric. Oh really I don't think I should be paying this much. I can't wait to see what their excuse will be for the summer months probably your air conditioning is making your bill high.

I think they are overcharging customers in order to pay for a new 182 mill dollar power plant they recently built. My bill has never been this high and I have been with the company for several years now. Something needs to be done about this because I know I'm not the only one the are doing this to. An investigation and class action lawsuit needs to take place immediately.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2011 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Board-of-Water-Light/Lansing-Michigan-48912/Board-of-Water-Light-High-Bill-Payments-Ripoff-of-Customers-Investigation-is-Needed-La-734473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Board of Water & Light