- Report: #1064914
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Boardwalk Bar Fort Lauderdale
Boardwalk Bar Fort Lauderdale1721 N Andrews Ave Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA
Boardwalk Bar Fort Lauderdale Beefcake's Credit Card Minimum Merchant Violation Visa Mastercard Fort Lauderdale Florida
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
While this business accepts credit cards as a regular course of their business, the bartenders regularly refuse to accept them for any transactions under 30 USD sighting rules imposed by their management, instead directing thier customers to pay in cash including directing them to the on-premise ATM machine.
While transaction minimums used to be prohibited entirely by Visa and MasterCard Merchant Agreements, in recent years they have updated their agreements to permit a minimum purchase charge not to exceed 10 USD for transactions occuring within the U.S.
This merchant is effectively violating the following terms of their Merchant Agreement:
- The merchant/retailer refused to accept an association Visa or MasterCard as a credit card transaction.
- The merchant/retailer required a minimum purchase greater than 10.00 USD as a contingency of accepting a Visa or MasterCard as a credit card transaction.
The 30 USD minimum imposed by this establishment is 3X the maximum permissible by the agreement every merchant accepting Visa and MasterCard credit cards agrees to in the United States. This is a prime example of taking advantage of consumers where rules and regulations are specifically in place to prevent these types of abuse.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 04:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boardwalk-Bar-Fort-Lauderdale/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33311/Boardwalk-Bar-Fort-Lauderdale-Beefcakes-Credit-Card-Minimum-Merchant-Violation-Visa-Mast-1064914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.