Complaint Review: Boat Us - marine Insurance

• Submitted: Tue, March 23, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, February 08, 2006

• Reported By:Baltimore Maryland
Boat Us - marine Insurance
880 South Pickett Street Alexandria, Virginia U.S.A.

Boat Us, marine Insurance $4,000. damage to my home by a boat insured through boat us they refuse to pay for damage Alexandria Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Did you offer to help your neighbor get their boat out of the water?

During the hurricane Isabel my neighbors boat came off his lift came through my pier, into my steps and into my railing aroud my lower deck. the damage was approx.$4000.00 Boat us says the owner of the boat was not negligent therefore i must turn the damage over to my homeowners insurance. even though the boat was insured for liability now they do say that i can hire an attorney and SUE my neighbor and they will defend him.

WE DID HAVE FAIR WARNING THAT THE HURRICANE WAS COMMING, we knew the storm surge was comming, i removed all of my boats off my lifts in preperation. the owner of the other boat even had his own trailer he could have put his boat on.

how can the insurance company get away with what appears to be fraud to me as a laymen,

this is not the only case i know of where boat u.s. has found a way to screw individules.
CAN WE FIND A GROUP FOR A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT ,THIS IS A MATTER OF PRINCIPAL

Henry
Baltimore, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/23/2004 07:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boat-Us-marine-Insurance/Alexandria-Virginia-22304/Boat-Us-marine-Insurance-4000-damage-to-my-home-by-a-boat-insured-through-boat-us-they-84980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boat Us - marine Insurance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Did you offer to help your neighbor get their boat out of the water?

AUTHOR: Kyle - (U.S.A.)

Did you offer to help your neighbor get their boat out of the water?

The way it is supposed to work with insurance is you file a claim with your homeowner's policy, your company pays for damages/repairs, then your insurance company will go after the other guy, or his insurance company to get the other guy to pay your insurance compay for the damages/repairs.

The owner was in fact negligent if there was fair warning of the hurricane and did not remove their boat from the water or properly secure it.

It is not fraud if you don't want to follow the rules and procedures of how things are supposed to work.

You should file a claim under your homeowner's policy and let them do their job to get the money, it's what you are paying for isn't it?