Complaint Review: BoatUS

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: dan — cornelius North Carolina USA
880 South Pickett Street Alexandria, Virginia United States of America

BoatUS REFUSES TO TOW Alexandria, Virginia

I am making this report from my disabled boat located in Andros. Bahamas. I am a current member of BoatUS with an unlimited towing package. I called Miami BoatUS to ask for a tow to get me back to Miami. They told me they had a service area of only 75 miles. I am about 165 miles out. I said I had a local boater that was willing to tow me to within 75 miles of Miami and hand me off to them. They said for safety reasons they don't like to do that.

They told me they would come to my location and tow me the entire distance for 6000.00 dollars. I then made a call to West Marine in Fort Lauderdale where I purchased the towing insurance and they told me if you are in the service area you would get a tow. They said Fort Lauderdale BoatUS had a service area of 130 miles. I called BoatUS Fort Lauderdale and they told me the same thing. They would not tow me even if I was towed to within 130 miles by a local boater

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 12:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BoatUS/Alexandria-Virginia-22304/BoatUS-REFUSES-TO-TOW-Alexandria-Virginia-1008961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BoatUS