Complaint Review: Boats.net

• Updated: Tue, July 24, 2012

• Reported By: John — Rochester New York United States of America
Boats.net

Boats.net Cynthia S. Sold me out of stock part and will not refund Internet

I ordered a part for an evinrude outboard.  When the order confirmation came up, it said the part was out of stock and gave no date for delivery.  I proceeded to call customer service where I was told that the "order had not been downloaded to the system yet" and to try back a few hours later.  Within an hour I had sent an email requesting the order be cancelled and the response was that it could not be cancelled because the order had already gone to shipping.  Not sure how they plan on shipping an item that is not in stock???

In the interim I tried to find the item throuh another supplier and thier website clearly read that the part is no longer made, and is superceeded by another part number (something the boats.net site never acknowledged).  So now, I wonder what they are sending to me?  They said its not in stock, I know it's not being made anymore, so what are they sending, when and why can't they call thier shipping department and tell them to stop the order?  Who knows because I can't get anyone to answer any of these questions.  Tried contacting superviser, etc.

DONT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH BOATS.NET!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2012 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boatsnet/internet/Boatsnet-Cynthia-S-Sold-me-out-of-stock-part-and-will-not-refund-Internet-916548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boats.net