Complaint Review: Bob Evans Farms

• Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: Violated By Bob Evans — Indiana United States of America
Bob Evans Farms
3776 S. High Street Colunbus, Ohio United States of America

Bob Evans Farms, Rachel Lewis, Recruting Staff for Bob Evas Racial Prejudice Colunbus, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Consumer Comment: Somehow, I have to seriously doubt this is what happened....

Was contacted by Rachel Lewis, recruiting staff for Bob Evans Farms, Inc. I interviewed with one manager at the Southport, Indiana (Indianapolis-Greenwood, Indiana) location with Ron Stephens. The entire time that I was there, I did not see one black worker. There are no black workers at the Shelbyville, Indiana location as well. If you take a serious look at all Indiana Bob Evans restaurants, you will see the vast majority of the workers are white race, and just a hand full of black race. I communicated with Rachel back and forth through email regarding the second interview after the interview with Ron Stephens. She arranged for me for the second interview with A district manager on Monday. An hour later, she calls me from her cellular phone: 239-898-7801 and advises me that Corporate would not allow her to hire or proceed with my second interview, as the company doesnt allow African Americans as General Managers for their store. This is totally racial and prejudice and I intend on filing a class action lawsuit against the Company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bob-Evans-Farms/Colunbus-Ohio-43207/Bob-Evans-Farms-Rachel-Lewis-Recruting-Staff-for-Bob-Evas-Racial-Prejudice-Colunbus-Oh-947993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob Evans Farms

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: sashabeatrice - (United States of America)

I find it highly unlikely that anyone in the recruiting field, especially someone employed by a non-discriminatory company such as Bob Evans make such a comment. People employed in the human resources/recruiting field are distinctly trained to steer clear of any comment that would even remotely imply discrimination. I have enjoyed dining at Bib Evans restaurants for many years and there have always been a multitude of various ethnicities employed. It sounds as though you may be bitter about not getting the position you wanted with Bob Evans. It may not be wise of YOU sir, to defame this woman's character or the company she represents.

Really?

AUTHOR: Niko234 - (United States of America)

Alright normally I think Ken is full of stupid comments. However, with this one he is spot on. I would testify that I personally have seen people of all races working in Bob Evans all across Indiana. I grew up there and go back quite frequently. In fact the very Bob Evans you mention has several that work there. Here is another fact the manager of the Bob Evans 2 miles from my parents house is guess what, African American. I seriously doubt a professional recruiter called you and said exactly "corporate does not hire african american managers". You did not get the job plain and simple, get over it. Good luck with that lawsuit.

Somehow, I have to seriously doubt this is what happened....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

These business people know  better than to state this as a reason for not hiring as it would leave them open to prosecution by the EEOC.

Good luck with your "class action" lawsuit.  Hope you have proof of this VERY unlikely statement by the employee at Bob Evans.

Let us all know the class number and when and where filed so we can all follow its progress....LOL.