Complaint Review: Bob Mcelreath

• Updated: Sat, December 08, 2012

• Reported By: tawidow — Acworth Georgia USA
Bob Mcelreath
1040C, Old US 70 Black Mountain, North Carolina United States of America

Bob Mcelreath Build a Bandit, Pontiac Pros, Discount Classic Auto Restoration, Common Man Classic Hot Rods. Known e-bay aliases eck0211, turtlevhare, winstoncup2watch, restoguru7881, 65classicrods - as Joe -- Bob Mcelreath Steals Money from Widow & Children with no remorse. He just adds new aliases & new victims. Black Mountain, North Carolina

Bob Mcelreath has stolen $13,000 from me and shows no sign of being willing to give it back.  My husband willingly gave it to him to get a Trans Am Bandit built from the ground up in 10-12 months.  Then he died 3 days after paying in full.

Bob has a policy to give a full refund to widows.  The length of time to get the refund depends on how long you've been a widow.  In my case it's changed 4 times.  The first was within 30 business days of getting a new contract (a contract I only got after traveling 500 miles to get when NO ONE would pick up a phone or return an e-mail for nearly 2 months).  The second was 60 days for a "well-known" policy for widows.  The third was 90 days for a "well-known" policy for widows.  It seems that Bob forgot he'd already fabricated the first time frame for the same policy.  Neither mattered because the 4th, and I'm afraid only time frame Bob ever had in mind, is NEVER.

Bob has lied to me and about me to his 30 plus other current victims (the amount of cars/refunds he admits to currently owing is well over $500,000 and growing).  He has refused to communicate with me despite many, many attempts on my part.  I had been willing to negotiate to give him more time to give me the cash, but he's refused to discuss anything - with me at least.  He tells anyone who asks that he's bending over backwards to help me.  How he's helping me by lying about me, keeping $13,000, and ignoring all contact with me is beyond me.

I've made other similar complaints on ripoffreports before.  They all say basically the same thing.  The only reason I made this one is because Bob has added more aliases to his arsenal.  I hope that anyone looking him up will be able to go into a contract with their eyes wide open.  I hope anyone considering doing business with him understands that he has no problem stealing from a widow with children, soldier, cancer victim, etc, etc - 38 current victims and growing!!!  What chance does a potential customer think they'd have to get anything from him?

Check ripoffreports and many other websites to see the quality of work he provides when he finally does manage to crank out something resembling a car - months or years after they were paid for.

If you are a current Bob victim - PLEASE file a complaint with the North Carolina Attorney General's office and the FBI and any other agency you can think of.  Do not remain silent!!!  Sitting back and waiting for Bob to do the right thing will not get you anything but frustrated.  One poor guy has been waiting 3 years now.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2012 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bob-Mcelreath/Black-Mountain-North-Carolina-28711/Bob-Mcelreath-Build-a-Bandit-Pontiac-Pros-Discount-Classic-Auto-Restoration-Common-Man-979692. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob Mcelreath