Complaint Review: Bobbie Lemmons, Lemmons Gallery, Lemmons Contemporary

• Submitted: Sat, August 01, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, August 01, 2009

• Reported By:Kyoto Other
Bobbie Lemmons, Lemmons Gallery, Lemmons Contemporary
155 Hudson Street New York, New York U.S.A.

Bobbie Lemmons, Lemmons Gallery, Lemmons Contemporary Sells paintings but does not pay artists New York New York

I can confirm the statement of the Tribecca Landlord. Ms. Lemmons sold several of my paintings. She avoided telling me of the sales. When I confronted her face to face she paid me 1/48th of what she owed.

Her total debt to me was $48,000. Eventually she only paid me for about 20%. This has gone on for 4 years with no payments at all for over 3 and a half.

I believe I am one of many artists ripped off by her. The sum of all the losses from other artists must be astronomical. Unfortunately we are not members of a group that exchange this information.

One an individual basis the costs of fighting her legally are overwhelming. I am sure there is nothing to regain trying to squeeze a lemon. Better is a warning to other artists as to what they are getting in to.

I have met the purchaser of two of my paintings. He clearly paid Lemmons Gallery in a timely manner and is of no fault. Once the money gets in her hands she robs Peter to pay Paul. Beware

IF YOU ARE AN ARTIST STAY WIDE AND CLEAR OF BOBBIE LEMMONS

Among the many, Daniel
Kyoto
Japan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2009 07:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bobbie-Lemmons-Lemmons-Gallery-Lemmons-Contemporary/New-York-New-York-10013/Bobbie-Lemmons-Lemmons-Gallery-Lemmons-Contemporary-Sells-paintings-but-does-not-pay-art-475658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bobbie Lemmons, Lemmons Gallery, Lemmons Contemporary