Complaint Review: Bobistheoilguy.com Bob Is The Oil Guy

• Updated: Mon, July 27, 2009

• Reported By:tulsa Oklahoma
Bobistheoilguy.com Bob Is The Oil Guy
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com Internet U.S.A.

Bobistheoilguy Bob Is The Oil Guy Aka Bobistheoilguy.com bobistheoilguy.com RIP OFF BIAS - froze my post on Bi-tron (or bitron oil additive) so i could not respond! Internet

*Author of original report: Response to matt

* : Not a ripoff

*Consumer Suggestion: Agreed with Orignal Poster

*Consumer Suggestion: Agreed with Orignal Poster

*Author of original report: Response to Ashley

*Consumer Suggestion: Not a rip off

Bobtheoilguy.com I thought was a place to talk about Bi-tron ( or bitron oil additive ) oil so i started a post about bitron oil addditive however when some people started getting into a very in depth discussion about it Bobtheoilguy.com closed the post WITHOUT giving me a chance to respond to there last arguments.

It appears bob the oil guy has many oil company sponsors so its obvious to me why he did not want us talking about bi-tron.

There was no need in locking the post but If you was going to close the post you should have at LEAST gave Stony or myself a chance to respond especiallly since i was the one who started the post!

I have done a little research on this website and have seen other negative posts about this site. There is no freedom of speech on that website in my opinion!(unless maybe if you promote there sponsors)

Stony
tulsa, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2009 12:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bobistheoilguycom-Bob-Is-The-Oil-Guy/internet/Bobistheoilguy-Bob-Is-The-Oil-Guy-Aka-Bobistheoilguycom-bobistheoilguycom-RIP-OFF-BIAS--445041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bobistheoilguy.com Bob Is The Oil Guy

Response to matt

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Matt writes "All of your posts combine to become a sales pitch for a multi-level marketing scheme. The only evidence you provided to prove your claims about the product were company sales pitches. The test data provided was created by the manufacturer, and the graph was produced in Microsoft Office. "

First you say my posts combine were sales pitch for a muli level marketing scheme. Did you even read what i wrote???? I said, "The only negitive comments i have ever found about Bitron is about the MLM part as some people dont like MLM and i cant blame them as there have been some bad MLM, we all know that."

As you can see I CLEARLY was not A sales pitch for MLM!!! Also i stated i have not even used Bitron so that doesnt sound like I was giving a sales pitch to me!!!

Second, Matt writes "The only evidence you provided to prove your claims about the product were company sales pitches." This again is False. I had a testimony from Stony who had just started using it and was giving updates on top of all the data from the manufacturer. Also I had listed manufacturer data because everyone was throwing all kinds of false information, so whats wrong with putting some data from the manufatuerer? Every company produces data so whats your point? Next you state the graph was produced in microsoft office making it sound like it was fabricated. Your allegation is FALSE. I never fabricated a document from Office and in fact there was no evidence that the graph was fabricated or any evidence to even contridact the graph! In fact, someone posted the MSDS of Bitron that confirmed a lot of the hogwash people was saying about Bitron was indeed false!!!

Its kind of strange that you never addressed my compliant that they locked the post without giving me a chance to respond? I still believe they should have deleted the post or given me a chance to respond to all the hogwash that was put out at the end of the post. While i could be wrong  It appears to me they intentionally wanted to leave a bad impession of Bitron. Just like you posted some misleading information and I just now corrected it, Why couldnt they let me correct the misinformation before they locked the post??? Thats all i wanted!

PS. You are speculating when you said you dont think they are making a lot of money from there sponsors. Once again i bet you are 100 percent wrong on that! But why even speculate on something you dont know? If they are going to have a website forum about oil and they have two oil sponsors do you think they are going to be fair to the competition???????? Consider what they did to my post(they locked it with misinformation instead of deleting it) and then Look at the other complaints on the web and you come to your own conclusion my friend!

#2

Not a ripoff

AUTHOR: Matt - (USA)

I managed to find your post.

It violates a couple of the sites Terms of Service. Specifically:

"7. Members agree that the use of this forum to further the propagation of spam in any way, to flood, to advertise without permission, to participate in chain letters or pyramid schemes, or to otherwise solicit without permission, is absolutely prohibited. Members are cautioned that engaging in any of the described behavior shall be grounds for immediate suspension or termination of membership. Whether or not a member violates this rule, and whether he or she should have their membership suspended or terminated as a result, shall be decided in the sole discretion of the owner or his designated agents. By accepting membership in this forum, members specifically agree that they shall not have any right to have the owner's decision under this rule reviewed in any way outside this forum." (http://http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=faq. last access: 9/9/2009)

"8. Members agree that, except with the owner's prior consent, they shall not solicit or promote any products services or other sites by posting direct links to any sales pages of any products in this forum. Discussions of any products are allowed and encouraged, and links to Technical Data or MSDSs are allowed, provided that it follows the topic discussed. Members agree not to self-promote (either in postings or in member profiles or in user names) for personal or business gain within the message board unless previously approved by the owner or his designated agents. Members agree that they shall not use information supplied within the message board to solicit or promote any products or services via email or any other method. Members further agree to not gather public email addresses from member profiles for the purposes of spamming or soliciting members in any other way. Members agree to not promote or link to other forums that provide message boards or chats. Any posts uploaded to this forum become an integral part of it, and upon posting, become the property of the owner."(http://http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=faq. last access: 9/9/2009)

Therefore, you were not ripped of by the site.

As for sponsors the site officially has six sponsors, out of those six, two are oil companies.

Moreover, the site appears to accept donations for a portion of its operating costs. Therefore, I doubt that they are making a big profit.

Simply, the way you posted your post and carried on made Scam/Ripoff alarms buzz in other people.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

Agreed with Orignal Poster

AUTHOR: Scwam - (U.S.A.)

The sight does not encourage debate of facts if a member is presented with his own post showing that he/she contradicts himself. If an established member is contested against or questioned how he obtained something for a reduced rate by a sponsor then it is prohibited to even ask. The member will be booted. When the established member does not back up his own facts the public is ripped off with misinformation and possibly favoritism to sponsers.

Additionally being booted off for defending another member from being attack by one of the established members is also not tolerated, no matter how diplomatic one tries to be. The attack on that member will be allowed while the person speaking up against it is banned and posts deleted. Pure censorship equal public misinformation. My suggestion is discourage this type of forum moderation and inform the public to proceed with caution on such forums like Bob is the oil guy who
promote favoritism of established forum members instead of displamatic debate of facts.

Please see my 1st post for being banned:

I am offended by the way you are speaking ekpolk. You seem to be threatening ravenchris to prove you wrong or you'll have him kicked off.
"If my word isn't good enough, you tell me, and your membership here will be immediately, and permanently terminated"...simply childish.

As my first post and waiting hours to get approved on this forum. Initially is was to post my first uoa of 6 to come from Blackstone on my 10 Camry. But seeing your post[u]s[/u] inflamed me. First, I don't believe you were excluded from shipping either. If you were please disclose to us that you were exempt from shipping charges for whatever reason and it was unique to your orders. If you were exempt from the shipping charges because you may be a moderator here then plesse tell us that. I would understand and not being angry as hell on why I too live in FL and had to pay $28 in shipping in the cheapest possible way by ordering 5 cases. I checked on several computers, home, university, different IP addresses, different zip codes and different states were all entered, cleared all cookies and cache prior to to checking shipping costs over several days.

I could not somehow like you get free shipping when I placed my order last week. In all cases none of them produced free shipping. I really think either your not telling us how you got free shipping or you are mistaken and should take a look at your emailed invoice indicating your shipping charges. A simple UPS barcode indicates nothing and leaves me further suspicious that you don't want to be wrong.
Furthermore, why would you state this about your order in [b]October[/b]:
10/16/08 Post 1258770
"Yeah, I knew that, but in my past experience, their prices were rapacious. I just went to the site, and found that if I ordered four cases, [b]with shipping included[/b], the per-quart price is effectively the same as it is in either AZ or WM. I just placed an order for four cases, shipped by UPS Ground. Price came out to about US$ 6.35 per quart. [b]Expensive, but I'm willing to swallow that to give this oil a try[/b].
And:
10/16/08 Post 1259178
"I just ordered four cases, a total of 24 quarts. The total price of the order, [b]including shipping [/b][b](standard UPS ground[/b] -- [i]in no particular hurry[/i]) was $152.40. That works out to $6.35 per quart, again, almost identical to the normal off-the-shelf price at WM or AZ"
This comes out to $0.11 difference for me to have the same order shipped to Jacksonville, FL. $152.29 for me, "including shipping" of $24. Not including "free shipping" but "including shipping."
And to further indicated you must be mistaken or unwilling to admit being wrong:
10/16/08 Post 1258897
"[b]Even with shipping[/b], [b]the PP 0w-20 I just ordered [/b]is about three bucks less per quart than the pre-shipping, per quart price than the Amsoil 0w-20."
So what is it? Did you pay for a shipping cost or not? These are your words.
If got away somehow paying for the product without a shipping charge then why were you allowed this? Your words seemed to indicate otherwise.

Immediately banned for challenging facts of an established member and asking for proof. In response to the moderators, an email was sent. I expect to hear something if this sight has any integrity :

Where in my first posting (seen vebatam below) as I posted, can you point out to me that I was rude, offensive, attacking or abusive on the forum.
I feel I've been stonewalled because you refuse to post my writing which only disagrees, disbelieves a known poster on what he is claiming? I neither
attacked him, and mentined I'm offended by his threats on another forum member. Nobody said anything to the member I'm speaking to because they
knew they might get banned. That is exactly the reason I wrote what I did, non-offensive, non-inflamatory, in fact, I wanted to know how he's getting an
item shipped for free, or back his own words up like he has threatened another member to contest him or deal with being banned. What kind of behaviour
is that to be allowed? Can you answer that. Can you not see that I spoke out to him in like an adult? He needed to know this. His words were out of line -
not mine. Please read this below and tell me why you find this as inappropriate behaviour? It makes me wonder what the intent of this web page is with me
being banned on my first post for standing up against another member being abused while contending what that member is claiming. Isn't this free speech within
reasonable behaviour anymore. Or are you just trying to innaculate people that may cause disruption in your financial gain from your sponsers?
Please show me, since where is the line I crossed here? I think you should ban him if you ban me for acting with much more constraint them him. Look at his previous posts on the same thread please.
1) Expressing and speaking up against a threat to ban another member based on being required to respond by the member. Please look closely at his previous comments to the member before I posted. I think I speak for many on this part
1) A question is wanted to be addressed here to the member.
2) It is stated I don't believe him. but if I am wrong , HOW DID he get the free shipping. Valid questioning I think
3) Facts of reasons for me not believing him are presented. IS Doing So Wrong?? I'm not inviting arguement here, I want to know what he is contradicting himself from Oct posts.
If I get banned so quickly, then Is there really any polite way to disagree? Could I have been more polite than the way I controlled myself? Where do you draw the line at. Maybe you can point that out for me?
Is stating that you don't believe another member against your rules? Please answer my email. I've been reading this forum for 2 months felt that one member is being rail-roaded / threatened based
on his disagreement with inconsistent facts. Again, I'm not hear to attack, but to get some facts, things didn't add up when I first read what he said. Expressing my disbelief and in an adult-like way gets me
banned on my first post. I specifically and repectfully posted the way I did not to get banned.
It would show that you have integrity to supply some type of answer instead of a non-reply.

Again, when the public is presented with facts no matter how small that can not be even contested because a member has a few thousand posts, the public get ripped off.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Agreed with Orignal Poster

AUTHOR: Scwam - (U.S.A.)

Additionally being booted off for defending another member from being attact by one of the established members is also not tolerated, no matter how diplomatic one tries to be. The attact on that member will be allowed while the person speaking up against it is banned and posts deleted. Pure censorship equal public misinformation. My suggestion is discourage this type of forum moderation and inform the public to proceed with caution on such forums like Bob is the oil guy who

Please see my 1st post for being banned:

Furthermore, why would you state this about your order in [b]October[/b]:
10/16/08 Post 1258770
And:
10/16/08 Post 1259178
10/16/08 Post 1258897
So what is it? Did you pay for a shipping cost or not? These are your words.

1) A question is wanted to be addressed here to the member.

Response to Ashley

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Hi ashley,
The form policy also states "...Discussions of any products are allowed and encouraged.." (probably should read encouraged if it don't compete with our oil products!)
If he deleted the post i wouldn't have cared, like you said, his Internet site, but what he did was to 'lock'' the post making it look like i did not respond to a bunch of Baloney about bi-tron oil additive which was not true.
Let me put it this way, How would you like it if someone posted a bad comment about you and you responded then someone posted a lie about you and the post was locked and you could not respond giving the impression it was true because you did not respond? In that case, you must admit, the owner should delete the post or give you a chance to respond, wouldn't you agree?

Keep in mind, that I'm not the only one complaining about mis-information from this Internet site. If a site puts out mis-information or is misleading the public then his site should be posted here as this site has two names, rip off report and bad business report....Bobtheoilguy, in my opinion, is a bad business.

#6 Consumer Suggestion

Not a rip off

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

This is not a rip off. You were not defrauded of any sort of money. You are upset because a thread got locked on a discussion forum. I fail to see how this is relevant to anything. You don't have freedom of speech on a private forum. When you signed up to that forum, you agreed to the terms of service of that forum. 99% of all terms of service state that the administrator of the website reserves the right to edit, modify, or delete any topic on their message board. That means they can, and will, censor you. Its perfectly legal as you agreed to it.

Come back when you have a legitimate ripoff.