Complaint Review: Bob's Boat Trailers Norfolk Virginia

• Updated: Sat, August 02, 2014

• Reported By: WillsMom — Boise Idaho
Bob's Boat Trailers Norfolk Virginia
3147 Azalea Garden Norfolk, Virginia USA

Bob's Boat Trailers Norfolk Virginia Deadbeat Employer helps my son's deadbeat father avoid paying child support by taking him off payroll and paying him under the table Norfolk Virginia

*Author of original report: Ripoff Report is also a forum to expose bad business practices

*Author of original report: Contacted by Bob from Bob's Boat Trailers

*General Comment: It dont work that way sorry.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hoax-Inaccurate information

My son's father William 'Boyd' Leonard Jr has been working for Bob's Boat Trailers for several years, I found out and reported it to the state division of child support enforcement and wage withholding began but after about 4 months the payments stopped.  I assumed he had changed jobs again and waited to learn more, a few months later my son when to visit his grandfather in Virginia and he learned his father still worked at the same company and that they were now paying him under the table.

I've reported this to both the child support enforcement agency in my home state and in Virginia and was told there was nothing they could do about it. So this company has endorsed his deadbeat behavior and enabled him to avoid paying the child support he owes which amounts to about $59,000. I am contacting the federal prosecutors in both states and am pressing for prosecution of the employer under the Deadbeat Parents Punishment Act.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2013 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bobs-Boat-Trailers-Norfolk-Virginia/Norfolk-Virginia-23516/Bobs-Boat-Trailers-Norfolk-Virginia-Deadbeat-Employer-helps-my-sons-deadbeat-father-av-1057942. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob's Boat Trailers Norfolk Virginia

Ripoff Report is also a forum to expose bad business practices

AUTHOR: WillsMom - ()

It was after careful consideration that I made this post and when considering the "bring attention to bad business practices" goal of RoR it was my decision to bring attention to this matter.  And if after further investigation Bob's claims are true and it is the the fault of the momument to inefficiency called THE VIRGINIA STATE DEPARTMENT OF CHILD SUPPORT ENFORCEMENT I'll report their bad business practices as well.

Contacted by Bob from Bob's Boat Trailers

AUTHOR: WillsMom - ()

Bob called me today, to dispute this posting, he assured me that Mr William 'Boyd' Leonard Jr was having child support deducted from his pay every month in the ammounts specified in the court order and that he was not being paid under the table. I in turn informed him that I had not received any regular payments in almost a year with the exception of 1 payment for $77 in May. I was told that payment was not a wage withholding but a money order from Mr. Leonard and was most likely to prevent the case from being reffered back to the judge for a 'show cause'.  Bob promised that he has made sure child support is being garnished and that he had proof.   I promised to investigate and remove my complaint if that is true.  After contacting Virginia DCSE I was told to contact my local Child Support Enforcement Agency in Idaho which I did.  They are investigating Bob's claim and promise an update by the end of this week.

#3 General Comment

It dont work that way sorry.

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

First and foremost this site is dedicated to helping consumers IF they have actual problems. Most times however it is simply a forum for ppl who THINK they have been scammed. In my own time here I have seen maybe a 50/50 split between actual scams and ppl just here to complain. This report is most definatly the later. This woman is comming to a consumer site to get a remedy for her PERSONAL problems. She has a mad on to the father of her child and this way she thinks she can embarrass you into either paying what the father owes, or get money from you to shut her up. Neither of which is going to happen as this is a form of"cyber-extortion". You may even have a civil suit against this person. Were I you, I would be going forward with a civil lawsuit. If she thinks money is tight because of the father not paying child support, then things will be 100x tighter when there is a ruling against her for defamation of character.

This is the wrong forum for this lady. You have opened yourself up to possibly being sued. A really good piece of advice for you. Call this "Bob" guy and apologize as hard as you can, then contact RoR and see if they will remove your post. I know dealing with this situation is frustrating, but watch who and where you post. I would hate to see a single mom visiting her child from jail because she made a simple mistake.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hoax-Inaccurate information

AUTHOR: trailers - ()

This report is inaccurate.  William Leonard Jr. has worked here various times throughout the years.  He quit around September of 2012.  We hired him back in January of 2013.  We do not pay him or any employees "under the table" and I am sure a lawyer or judge can access the information though the department of taxation showing where we take taxes out of his pay check and send them in quarterly.

It is my understanding that Mr. Leonard is only obligated to pay back child support, for his now 19 year old son, in the amount of $100.00 per month which has been decreased since the child turned 18.  I will be sending a cease and desist letter to this company "Ripoff Report" and have this removed.  Additionally, before they allow people to post information like this, they should check accuratcy and you should demand proof of the aligations.