Complaint Review: Bob's Discount Furniture - CitiFinancial Retail Services

• Submitted: Sat, December 30, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 30, 2006

• Reported By:Hudson New Hampshire
Bob's Discount Furniture - CitiFinancial Retail Services
Daniel Webster Highway Nashua, New Hampshire U.S.A.

Bob's Discount Furniture - CitiFinancial ServicesBob's Discount Furniture - CitiFinancial Retail Services Unfair Credit Policies, Bills Late, Harrassing Phone Calls Nashua New Hampshire

My husband and I needed a new bedroom set, so I applied online for Bob's Furniture Credit. I got approved for a $5,000 credit line through what turned out to be CitiFinancial.

This didn't scare me at first, because my mortgage is through them.

Two months later, I get a letter in the mail from CitiFinancial telling me that if I have not received my merchandise to contact them. If I had, please expect to see the statement in the mail.

Never saw it.

I finally had to call them, and they told me that my payment was late and they were reporting me. ME??? Good god. I immediately took their payment information and entered it into my online banking program.

The customer service associate told me I would be better off paying over the phone.. and it would only cost me $15!!! AND.. they would keep my banking information on file so they could deduct the payment when it was due. NICE TRY. She then went on to tell me that my bank would take 5 days to get them a check. When I entered it online, it said it would take them ONE DAY to pay. Please.

Anyhow, I have received 5 calls in as many days. I just told the last guy who called that I was calling my lawyer. Can I? Don't know, but it seemed to scare him pretty good.

Moral of the story.. SKIP BOB'S. The finance plan sucks, and even if you have the cash, the furniture is garbage too.

Andie
Hudson, New Hampshire

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2006 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bobs-Discount-Furniture-CitiFinancial-Retail-Services/Nashua-New-Hampshire/Bobs-Discount-Furniture-CitiFinancial-ServicesBobs-Discount-Furniture-CitiFinancial-227971. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob's Discount Furniture - CitiFinancial Retail Services