Complaint Review: Bob's Discount Furniture

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: Kristy — Hamden Connecticut U.S.A.
Bob's Discount Furniture
Orange, CT Orange, Connecticut United States of America

Bob's Discount Furniture This company provided horrible customer service after having delivery issues on four separate occasions!! Orange, Connecticut

*UPDATE Employee: Bob Cares

This company provided horrible customer service after having delivery issues on four separate occasions. I purchased a bedroom set from Bob's Discount Furniture in Orange, CT, which came out to a little over $2,000.00.

To say that I am livid and unsatisfied about the service I received is an understatement. The movers came out on 1/18/13 with TWO headboards and NO footboard. So instead of thinking I would be sleeping on anything other than the floor was silly of me. On top of the warehouse sending out the wrong equipment, the movers barely spoke english and were ridiculously incompetent. Of course, after calling customer service I had to wait another couple days to have 1 headboard and 1 footboard sent out.

THE SECOND DELIVERY consisted of another set of immigrants NOT having the hardware (the screws) to put the headboard together. THE THIRD TIME, they actually brought the headboard screws and assembled it, only to find out that the nightstand which was in the box the whole time (since the 1st delivery) was completely broken. The whole back was in pieces. THE FOURTH TIME was when I finally received all my furniture in proper order, which was 1/29/13.

The whole experience was the worst I've ever had. The customer service agents and managers offered a $100 credit after the second delivery, but after the 4th, I demanded more since I had to take off or come into work late. I was only compensated the delivery charge of $169.99 and that was supposed to be "sufficient" for a set that I spent over $2,000 dollars on!!

On top of losing money from work, the customer service was atrocious. So rude and only told me what I wanted to hear (ie: We'll call you back in 24-48 hours and never did). Between every delivery, it was such a hassel calling and waiting or being hung up on or promised that I'd be called back but wasn't.

I was so foolish to think that Bob's was the better option because they were more affordable than most. I recommend possibly spending either the same amount or a bit more and going with Raymour and Flannigan or some other reputable furniture store. Please take my advice and stand clear of this HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bobs-Discount-Furniture/Orange-Connecticut-/Bobs-Discount-Furniture-This-company-provided-horrible-customer-service-after-having-del-1007016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob Cares

AUTHOR: Bob Cares - (United States of America)

I'm sorry to  hear about your experience with us. I'm sure we can make things right. Please email me at BobCares@MyBobs.com and I'll be in touch. Thanks, Eric.