Complaint Review: Bob's Furniture

• Reported By: Maureen — Massachusetts
Bob's Furniture
Nationwide USA

Bob's Furniture, Guardsman "GOOF PROOF" TOTAL SCAM Nationwide

I purchased a leather sofa-sleeper couch from Bob's Furniture and bought the 5 year "Goof Proof" protection plan.  The salesperson told me this would cover any accident with my kids no questions asked.

My 2year old caught a toy on a portion of the leather and tore a 2x2 inch chunk off-- you can see the hole a mile away.  I am within warranty and filed a claim.  After an unusual and mysterious "send us a photo phonecall" I quickly realized that "Goof Proof" is an utter scam.  I got an email back with from an address that does not accept replies rejecting my claim.

When I found a number and finally reached a person, I was told that the policy covers "a puncture, cut, tear, or rip in leather from a single incident", but they concluded from my photo that not enough "layers" were torn through and therefore the claim is rejected.

SCAM.  As a consumer I am utterly disgusted with this.  Bob's should be ashamed for selling these policies.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bobs-Furniture/nationwide/Bobs-Furniture-Guardsman-GOOF-PROOF-TOTAL-SCAM-Nationwide-1140804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bob's Furniture