Complaint Review: Boca Beauty Academy

• Updated: Fri, March 02, 2012

• Reported By: VIOLATED! — Deerfield Florida United States of America
Boca Beauty Academy
Glades Rd Internet, Florida United States of America

Boca Beauty Academy THIS SCHOOL IS UNDER INVESTIGATION BY THE STATE COSMETOLOGY BOARD, DUE TO SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES. BEWARE! Internet, Florida

*Consumer Comment: warning, SCAM!

*Consumer Comment: SCAM

*General Comment: I am a fellow student..

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: #1 School for Ethical Conduct- Boca Beauty Academy

I should've known right from the tour; that began with a mostly naked, badly tattooed, "receptionist" with horrible hair extentions popping out everywhere (making me question the ability of the instuctors). Not to mention the actual tour by Chris, was a complete joke. He had nothing to say of any value. It was just alot of metaphors not even pertaining to the school or even education in any way.

The main subject matter was not curriculum, job placement, or even school policies at all. It was right to the core of concern of the owner and staff, $TUITION$. Being that I lived so close to the school I chose to overlook all of the red flags that warned me not to enroll, and signed up anyway (BIG MISTAKE). AFTER enrolling in the $14,500 Cosmetology class I learned that If I didn't finish this course in 10 months I would be charged $10/hour until completion which usually takes one year.

On the first day I was thrown into Chapter 13, which was half wittedly discussed in between personal stories about the instructor's personal life for 45 minutes. That is all you were aloud to study from the book each day. The rest of the day consisted of blasting disturbing music in one room while trying to learn hands-on with no sense of direction. When they notice you've been there for about a week, they try to get you to move into the more advanced room to work on actual clients( against State Regulations, which is 400 hours).

As if the tuition is not enough; the receptionist/street walker etc., makes a commission off of selling services done by the students which explained to me why she had the customers lined up like cattle in the mornings, rushing us out of class and into the "Clinic". When you choose to refuse to do services they threaten to send you home or threaten to not give you credit for your hours that day.

To make things worse we were left with no instructors ALOT of the time while doing very advanced services, and expected to know the steps of these processes without previous instruction. There was one incident that led to a womans hair literally falling out in clumps and left with welts on her head from a perm solution left on nearly twice the time it should've been, due to lack of instuctors anywhere to be found.

The school makes them sign a waiver before services are rendered which protects them not YOU! Students, then at the  end of the day are expected to do laborous cleaning such as scrubbing toilets, mopping entire school, emptying every staff members garbage cans for them, without any kind of real cleaning supplies; because the owner refuses to have a real cleaning service clean the school.

So basically, you are paying Jack Bragin to be his slave! Smart guy, huh? When I wised up to the madness of the school, I decided enough is enough after about a month and requested a refund and to transfer to a normal school and take my credit for the hours I earned. I was accused of "dropping out of school" and told that they cannot refund "drop outs". I was given the run around to transfer my hours as well so I was delayed in starting a new school for about 2 months.

When they finally gave me my official hours for my new school it came with a condition that I pay off the remaining balance! Insane! I now owe the school $13,000 for education I never even got as well as having to start from scratch at a new school! If you are considering enrolling here RECONSIDER! I can't wait to see the rebuttal Jack or his very well paid Attorney come up with to defend themselves from the TRUTH!

You know you are wrong! Sell the school or shut down! I hope this will save at least one person from throwing their money away to this con-"man". Yes, I was an actual student who chooses to remain anonymous to avoid any further repercussions from this "school". I will not mention the school I transferred to but I can say it was about half as much money and about twice the learning with none of the problems! Good Luck to you all!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/27/2012 02:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boca-Beauty-Academy/Internet-Florida-/Boca-Beauty-Academy-THIS-SCHOOL-IS-UNDER-INVESTIGATION-BY-THE-STATE-COSMETOLOGY-BOARD-DUE-845430. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boca Beauty Academy

warning, SCAM!

AUTHOR: josie resnick - (USA)

This school is only about the money, don't give them any.  If you notice the receptionist looks like a (((REDACTED))), and the "Director" acts like a school principal, and has been fired and brought back.  They lie about everything, and in my case held onto my license paperwork while lying to me that my paperwork was filed.  DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND ESPECIALLY YOUR MONEY.

SCAM

AUTHOR: josie resnick - (USA)

This school is a sham and a disgrace!  You are wasting your money, time and energy.  You will not get job placement, all you will get are excuses and lies.  I wasted several thousand dollars there, no job.

#3 General Comment

I am a fellow student..

AUTHOR: lied to from chris barry and ms. lettie - ()

I'm looking to file a class action lawsuit against BBA. Please contact me at scgreitzer@gmail.com with your name and we will connect! Hope to hear from you soon.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#1 School for Ethical Conduct- Boca Beauty Academy

AUTHOR: Integrity is our #1 Priority - (USA)

As the owner of this school, let me state that our school has NEVER BEEN UNDER ANY STATE INVESTIGATION WHATSOEVER BY THE COSMETOLOGY BOARD.

This is information is 100% false and innacurate and downright defamatory.

Our #1 goal is to provide the highest levels of integrity and customer service. Every student is provide with the owners direct contact information.

Unfortunately the author chose both to remain anonomous and to make no attempt to address their greivance with ownership.

We always strive to be responsive to our students needs and had this person approached us in a mature, professional manner we would have been eager to resolve any perceived grievances.

Sadly we still do not know whom this person is so we cannot help them. There are so many factual inaccuracies contained in the authors report that it would take pages to respond.

I WILL SIMPLY SAY THAT OUR SCHOOLS GRADUATION/COMPLETION RATE IS INCREDIBLY HIGH AT 94.4% AND OUR JOB PLACEMENT RATE IS 95.4%. MOREOVER, OUR LICENSURE PASS RATE FOR THE MOST RECENT PERIOD IS 100%. Hence, I believe that our track record of success speaks to itself.

I would certainly invite the author to contact me directly so that we can discuss her issues and concerns and hopefully rectify them asap.

Thank you for taking the time to read our perspective.