Complaint Review: Bodha

• Updated: Mon, October 15, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — San Francisco California United States of America
Bodha
2433 Santiago Internet United States of America

Bodha Bodha Recovery Residense Discriminating, harmful, deceitful, a cash cow, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Untrue report on Bodha

I read an earlier ripoff report about Bodha and agree with the author with one exception. That's the reference as Seth Wiles being the owner. Mr. Wiles was the Director of Operations and has been replaced by a person capable of doing more harm to vulnerable people than anyone I've ever met.

Bodha, I believe, is owned by a parent company whose owner is involved in activities contrary to the mission of recovery residenses. Avoid this group altogether. They are under investigation by the city of San Francisco. It's a scam, a "cash cow", that works like this. They "welcome" you with open arms. Their "rates" (they wrongly call them "fees") range from $950 for a shared room up to $2,000 for a single room. No food is included. They proudly point out that they provide free coffee, laundry, etc. Their website states a free gym membership is included. This is false.

They go to great lengths to overlook an "applicants" liabilities (we all have them) in order to get that money which also includes a $200 administrative fee which is actually money that goes to the staff 'sales person' as part of their salary. In time Bodha will fabricate a reason to kick you out and admit another applicant. And on and on.

I am not going to name names. If, by this point, your still interested in this group, good luck. Your going to need it, a lawyer, the support of truly sober businesses. My experience with these liars is not unique. I know others who were treated just the same way. Let Bodha try and contradict me. I challenge them to pull back the curtains and reveal themselves

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2012 01:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bodha/internet/Bodha-Bodha-Recovery-Residense-Discriminating-harmful-deceitful-a-cash-cow-Internet-953474. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bodha

Untrue report on Bodha

AUTHOR: Bodhasupport - (United States of America)

I DO NOT agree with this complaint about Bodha. I am a current resident and attribute part of my solid sobriety to the support and stability I have received during my stay here. This week I will have 8 months sober, most of which I have lived in Bodha RR. In hearing many of the horror stories that have been told to me of other sober living houses I can proudly say that has not been my experience with Bodha. Many of the residence in my house have a very solid program of sobriety and we work as a house to help support each other. The moral of the house is also supported by the care and devotion of our house managers John, Scott, Josh, and Charlie. At the head of that strong foundation is our director Lauren who I have found to be a very strong woman in and out of the program. I have definitely gone through the hard times while in this house both personally and in sobriety but everyone I have just mentioned has not only helped me but shared a genuine interest and care that was well beyond the formality of their house duties. Though my experience may not be the same for others I strongly disagree with any notion that Bodha is a scam. It seems to me to be the complaint of someone who resentful and felt the need to blame someone for it.