Complaint Review: Bodog Poker

• Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: Scammedbybodog — Portland Oregon United States of America
Bodog Poker

Bodog Poker Scam Company and Liars, Internet

The problem started when I couldn't enter my Taiwan address into their registration form, so Valarie their online tech help suggested I input a different address and then I could change it later. Well, after giving them $50 and then trying to change my address they refused to do so. The address I entered was invalid. And since they only send checks to addresses this means I would never get any money made from the website.

I thought the problem would get fixed, so I continued to play poker on the site after multiple correspondences with them. After earning $170 on their poker site, I decided I wanted to ask them for a $50 refund because they refused to change my address. I sent them all the valid documentation to do an address change, but each time the company said it wasn't valid enough. I sent them a scanned passport, a scanned copy of my US identification card, a scanned copy of my Taiwan residence card none of which they said could be verified.

After threatening to report them to the Internet crime bureau they acted in retaliation by canceling my account. They also said they already refunded the money to my account. Which was a total lie. So I scanned and sent them my bank account statement showing that the money was never refunded. It clearly shows them withdrawing from my account, but never returning it. They then tried to tell me my bank account statement couldn't be verified because it didn't have the debit card number on the statement. What bank statement prints your debit card number?????? NONE! So they just laid a trap to keep the money.

This battle of emailing has gone on since November 2011 for $50. The principle here is THEY STOLE MY MONEY so  I WANT IT BACK.  I'm sure now I will never get it. Earlier this year the company's us based website was shut down since online gambling is illegal in the US and they are looking for the owners for arrest.

I have given them so many chances before filing an official complaint to the FBI's Internet Crime Bureau. I told them I already filed, but as of yet I have not. I'm so freaking tired of emailing them back and forth about this issue. I think I would be okay filing a complaint with the FBI since I'm an American citizen who was gambling on a non-US based server.

I WOULD WARN ANYONE NOT TO GIVE THEM ANY MONEY, BECAUSE WHATEVER YOU MAKE OR INVEST COULD BE LOST VERY SOON!

Anyone who wishes to ask me about emails, IM chat with their representatives and other communication with the company, I have it all. Even recorded my telephone conversations with the company because I knew they could not be trusted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 03:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bodog-Poker/internet/Bodog-Poker-Scam-Company-and-Liars-Internet-856476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bodog Poker