flew

• Reported By: Tim — chicago Illinois United States of America
Bodog
San Jose, Costa Rica san jose, Select State/Province United States of America

Bodog Would not cancel account san jose, Other

Stay away from this place. I tried to make a bet the other day and apparently it went through. I tried to log in and it said my account was suspended, weird because I just made a deposit. I called and was told my account was deactivated and I needed to send in a form of id. I told them I did not feel comfortable with this as they already had my credit card information and to go ahead and cancel my account. The rep I spoke with said account was already closed.

A few days later, looking at my credit card statement I see a charge from Bodog. I immediately called and was told the bet I made went through and I lost so there is no money to be refunded. I canceled my account 4 hours BEFORE the wager was to take place. I talked to everyone and anyone about gettting my card charged back for a bet that I canceled and finally ended  up talking to the most condescending person they have working there. His whole customer service approach was to use analogies to a situation that didnt apply to me, and used Vegas as an example. "If you go to Vegas and lose are you going to ask for your money back?" Um no. I didnt create an account in Vegas and then cancel my account 4 hours before wager I did it through the site you work for.

After a rep listened to the tapes of my phone calls canceling my account I told this person that if my credit card was not charged back I would dispute it with my bank and they would request the tapes. He told me they would not deal with my bank and if I went this route I could never open an online account anywhere as they all share info and was making notes about me. Truly unprofessional as we are only talking about $60 here not hundreds or thousands of dollars. Go somewhere else and avoid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2011 12:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bodog/san-jose-Select-StateProvince-/Bodog-Would-not-cancel-account-san-jose-Other-755516. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bodog