• Report: #152096

• Submitted: Mon, August 01, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, August 01, 2005

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
Body Of Change, L.A. Fitness
14725 Preston Road Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Body Of Change, L.A. Fitness Impossible to work with, dishonest, unresponsive, Ripoff Dallas Texas

I purchased a membership to L.A. Fitness for my 14 year old son while he was on summer break. He wanted to learn the proper way to work out so I also purchased eight training sessions a month for six months. I signed a contract with the monthly charges being charged to my credit card. I should have known something was up when the trainer who "sold" us on the program was no longer around after the first week.

I scheduled six of the eight sessions when I purchased the plan but wanted my son to schedule his own training times after that point as I wasn't going to dictate his schedule. No one at Body of Change would allow him to schedule any additional appointments until I came in and signed an additional piece of paperwork. After ten calls and three trips to the club I wasn't able to make contact with anyone from Body of Change since they were NEVER available in the office or otherwise.

After calling the manager of the club, Jan, she was able to get Kyle Anderson to return my call at which point he wanted me to come in to sign a waiver freeing them from all responsibility if my son was injured. The only reason I purchased the membership was to make sure he learned the proper way to train and I was not about to sign a waiver.

After several more unanswered calls to Kyle, and the Manager of BOC a Justin (imcompetent)someone I sent a registered letter to BOC in their Arizona headquarters. I received a call from Alma Suchill. She is the definition of useless. More about her can be found in other places on this site. She informed me that I would not be able to cancel my contract with them unless I paid 50% of the amount I contracted for. Needlss-to-say that is not in the cards. Since I have not been able to schedule additional sessions for my son and he he completely unexcited about going back to them after they have left him hanging for half of the summer.

They have only provided services for 6 sessions which I'm willing to pay for. I expect the contract to be nullified and the $590 they have charged refunded to my account.

Wade
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2005 07:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Of-Change-LA-Fitness/Dallas-Texas-75254/Body-Of-Change-LA-Fitness-Impossible-to-work-with-dishonest-unresponsive-Ripoff-Dall-152096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Of Change, L.A. Fitness