Complaint Review: Body Of Change LA Fitness

• Submitted: Sun, February 12, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 02, 2006

• Reported By:Phila Pennsylvania
Body Of Change LA Fitness
2020 County Line Road Huntington Valley, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Body Of Change LA Fitness forgery theft of credit card illegal contracts Huntington Valley Pennsylvania

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I agree 10000%

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Body of Change Scam

I signed a contract with LA Fitness Huntington Valley; thereafter I decided to cancel my contract because I did not want to have anything to do with their personal trainers. I followed the directions on the contract, and canceled it.

After a specific duration I was informed by my credit company that I signed another contract. I did understand how this was possible because I wasn't there to sign the contract.

My credit company (MBNA Business Lending) blatantly and myopically attempted to make me pay the money agreed to on the contract without a proper investigation.

I received a copy of the contract in the mail, it was obviously a forgery. The signatures were clearly not mine. After a further investigation I was informed that the individual -who issued this contract- was not even at work that day.

This individuals name was Tim, his signature was also forged. He was the one who allegedly issued the contract. I was informed that Body of change -after realizing that a crime was committed- was going to push forward, and attempt to charge the money, that the contract agreed to, illegally.

I attempted to contact them about 15 times if not more. I was either put on hold or told that they have this under control (which was a lie), and that I should find the individual responsible (even though they stated that they were not allowed to give me his name).

I've been getting the run around by this company for over a month. They have stolen my credit card number, forged my signature, committed fraud with the credit companies (who do not investigate anything themselves), and on top of this they still have the nerve to send me bills, and they will obviously attempt to put me on collection.

If anybody can please help me please, I would fervently appreciate it. Thank you.

Roman
Phila, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2006 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Of-Change-LA-Fitness/Huntington-Valley-Pennsylvania-PA/Body-Of-Change-LA-Fitness-forgery-theft-of-credit-card-illegal-contracts-Huntington-Valley-175934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Of Change LA Fitness

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I agree 10000%

AUTHOR: Frederick - (U.S.A.)

I am an EX LA FIT emp...

The LA FIT CORP OFFIC knows of there pratice thats why none of BOC are in any of "CA" LA FITNESS Loactions..

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Sean - (U.S.A.)

In response to your submission, as a former employee of BOC I will say they are nothing but a bunch of crooks. I worked for several different clubs while employed by BOC and Huntin. Valley was one of them.

Illegal credit card use and forgery isn't even cracking the surface with this company. BOC practices any source of criminal behavior to close a deal. This is a reflection of their so called leadership of John Gaston (President), Chris Wickson (Regional VP), Dorian Gallagher (District Manager) and Racheal Ramirez the evil account rep. Nothing at all matters to these individuals but the $. How you get it is your business. The company just in the PA?NJ employs known convicted felons and there behaviors is manifested within the workplace.

My advice to you is to seek legal representation, call around there are a few lawyers already familiar with these people. Forward BOC a certified letter requesting the amount due if there is no response proceed with the legel procedures.

I did homework on this company before I quit. They sell a hell of a lot of personal training, but they have no grasp on fitness what so ever. They hire out of shape non certified individuals to run their facilites. If you know what a dumbell is BOC will hire you. They hire those who were fired from other health clubs from as a result of dishonesty and/or theft.

They themselves have had brushes with the law. Sir, please don't let these crooks get a way with your money. Be persistent and do whatever it takes.

Just do a little research on BOC, in Phoenix were their Coporate headquarters are they have so many comp;aints and/or civil suits pending it's out of control. Many things can be found out about them by going to public records online there may be a fee. Or have an attorney do the footwork for you.

To close I know for a fact the Huntig. Valley, Oxford Valley, Cherry Hill, Bensalem, Ft. Washington and Andorra clubs had the same type of scamgoing on in there clubs. So anybody else out there who may have used a credit card with the BOC crooks research your statements.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds