Complaint Review: Body Of Change L.A Fitness

• Submitted: Tue, August 09, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, August 09, 2005

• Reported By:Miami Florida
Body Of Change L.A Fitness
10055 NW41st St. Miami Fl. 33178 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Body Of Change L.A Fitness Ripoff Bait and Switch Credit Card Payments Phoenix Arizona

In June of 2003 I was working out at the L.A Fitness Facility located in Doral Florida. Having noticed a sign advertising a free body evalutaion. I submiitted to the evaluation and upon completion was advised Body Of Change manager Andy Simril that I should engage the services of a personal trainer.

He explained the program including the cost. I agreed to a term of 18 sessions to be billed in 5 monthly Credit Card Payments of $90.00 each. When I inquired as to the extension of monthly payments until written request of cancellation is recieved. He explained that this would not be an issue. And the only reason I had to sign a contract of ongoing payments was to authorize the 5 payments. Although I did have a positive experience durring 1 training session. The remaining sessions were with apethetic trainers. Who just wanted to get it over with. And on 2 occasions the trainer failed to showw at all.

As a result I sent a letter to L.A. Fitness requesting immediate cancellation. Having believed that I had satisfied my obligation within the requirements of the agreement. I gave it little thought. Until discovering that Body Of Chang L.A. fitness continued to charge my Credit Card 2 years later.

I plan to file a complaint with the Florida Attorney Generals office. As well as advising any other L.A. Fitness Club Members to avoid this Ripoff.

Eugene
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2005 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Of-Change-LA-Fitness/Phoenix-Arizona/Body-Of-Change-LA-Fitness-Ripoff-Bait-and-Switch-Credit-Card-Payments-Phoenix-Arizona-153024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Of Change L.A Fitness