Complaint Review: Body Of Change - LA Fitness

• Updated: Thu, August 20, 2009

• Reported By: Leigh — Belvidere New Jersey USA
Body Of Change - LA Fitness
www.lafitness.com Internet United States of America

Body Of Change - LA Fitness So they have "Lost" my cancellation and doctors notes 3 times, and still continued to bill me. Belvidere, New Jersey

I joined LA Fitness, in Easton PA in March and spent gobs of money to get started.  I also started with a physical trainer. During this time I became very ill and needed to cease my membership and the use of their personal trainer. I did as I was told and sent out my cancellation paperwork on 5/5/09 along with a doctors note stating that I was ill and needed to discontinue. As of June I was still being billed.

I got in touch with their "coprorate" office and was hung up on by one of their reps, however not before she told me to "F** Off". I called back again and had to wait on hold for 35 minutes. A girl named Leah took my call and assured me that she would get my account cancelled as well as cancel my training sessions and get me a refund, that all I had to do was fax her a copy of my doctors note. I did everything that she asked, and have never received a call back. I have tried to contact them numerous times, and no one ever returns my calls. The bills still come and I had to block LA Fitness and have a new debit card issued to me.

I worked with my bank to file an appeal which was denied because LA Fitness is stating that they never recieved any of my cancellations. Even though I have not only sent them, I have faxed them as well. Help... I don't know what else to do. My bank suggested writing a letter to the CEO... I can't find out who this is. Someone please help me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2009 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Of-Change-LA-Fitness/internet/Body-Of-Change-LA-Fitness-So-they-have-Lost-my-cancellation-and-doctors-notes-3-time-483062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Of Change - LA Fitness