Complaint Review: Body Of Change-Pro Fitness-LA Fitness

• Submitted: Wed, June 04, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 11, 2008

• Reported By:Oswego Illinois
Body Of Change-Pro Fitness-LA Fitness
201 Ogden Falls Rd Oswego, Illinois U.S.A.

Body Of Change-Pro Fitness-LA Fitness Body of change misrepresents the service they sell Oswego Illinois

*Author of original report: The number of complaints against this company is ridiculous!

I love LA Fitness, the gym is very clean and the classes are great! As part of my package, I was offered a "Free Fitness Evaluation". What this really is, is a sales pitch for personal training. That wasn't too big of a deal for me, because I was already interested in it. But, be prepared for it. I had read all the reports from others on here, but I really wanted to train, so I thought I'd give it a go. The manager (salesperson) told me that he would be my personal trainer. This is not true. Your trainer is whomever is available at the time you select. There is no information about the trainer's qualifications, experience, or specialties. They are there training to be managers (salespeople). I have had a few previous injuries, which I told the trainer, but the next trainer would not know about them. There is nothing on file. If you read the contract it states that the trainer is not responsible for you if you get hurt...it's YOUR responsibility. It also states that they are not responsible for inexperience or negligence on the trainer's part...pretty scary. I was also told that I would have a training plan that would periodically change to enhance training. There really is no training plan. You have a book where trainers look to see what you have previously done, but that's about it. So, I called coprorate and cancelled. They were actually really good about it! The customer service associate was very professional and did not try and talk me into keeping it or signing up for anything else. I sought personal training elsewhere, which was much less expensive and NO CONTRACT, with a trainer who is upfront about her background/qualifiactions and will actually formulate a PLAN for me, which is all I really wanted in the first place! So, do some homework, before you sign up because if you sign up, you only have 3 days to cancel!

Michelle
Oswego, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2008 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Of-Change-Pro-Fitness-LA-Fitness/Oswego-Illinois-60543/Body-Of-Change-Pro-Fitness-LA-Fitness-Body-of-change-misrepresents-the-service-they-sell-O-337012. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Of Change-Pro Fitness-LA Fitness

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Obviously, this company is participating in unfair business practices. I encourage all of you who have posted complaints to also submit a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. Otherwise, they will continue to take advantage of unsuspecting consumers!