Complaint Review: Body Of Change (aka ProResults Personal Trainers) And LA Fitness

• Submitted: Mon, April 07, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2008

• Reported By:Vancouver Washington
Body Of Change (aka ProResults Personal Trainers) And LA Fitness
14050 N 83rd Ave #245 Peoria, Arizona U.S.A.

Body Of Change (aka ProResults Personal Trainers) And LA FitnessBody Of Change (aka ProResults Personal Trainers) And LA Fitness Body of Change - An Emotional and Financial Workout Peoria Arizona

I called LAFitness on Saturday afternoon to make a sign-up and orientation appointment for Sunday. I was asked if I could come in on Saturday. I thought wow, how committed they are, trying to set a no-procrastination tone. When I arrived, the month-to-month membership represented on the phone turned into two months, first month and last month. So, a month-to-month actually costs $158.98 up front (two months plus a $99 enrollment fee). After I signed my LAFitness contract, I was handed off to a person who never represented himself as being with another company, with another enrollment fee: "Body of Change". In fact my appointment card with this other company had LAFitness imprinted on the card. I just assumed that the appointment was for orientation to learn the numerous pieces of equipment. The next day, I was taken through a 1 1/2 hour sales marathon: first the health analysis and motivational talk, interspersed with how they are better than the competition, then a demonstration of three pieces of equipment, and then a wrap-up, sign now, strong-armed session. When one couldn't convince me to sign up for the $149 enrollment fee (now telling me it was a separate company to justify the second fee) plus $30 to $60 per 30-minute sessions, another guy was brought in to double-team. I walked out. All I wanted to do was get my body in shape, and I left feeling completely exhausted, emotionally. The next day, I put in the names of LAFitness and Body of Change into a Google search, and there I found fellow consumers who shared similar plights of poor customer service and treatment. So, I write this in hopes of helping other consumers. I also write this in hopes that LAFitness and Body of Change learn to respect consumers; that we are not prey for their fodder. We should be respected. If you really want to make a lot of money, then provide valuable, compassionate services. Most of us want to be in shape and have a professional trainer periodically monitor our progress. We just don't want to be coerced into signing long, expensive contracts. You already have excellent facilities and services; just add some compassion, make your month-to-month truly month-to-month, with only one lifetime enrollment fee, drop the strong-arm tactics, and we will come.

Vancouver, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2008 06:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Of-Change-aka-ProResults-Personal-Trainers-And-LA-Fitness/Peoria-Arizona-85381/Body-Of-Change-aka-ProResults-Personal-Trainers-And-LA-FitnessBody-Of-Change-aka-ProRes-324394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Of Change (aka ProResults Personal Trainers) And LA Fitness