Complaint Review: Body Of Change

• Submitted: Thu, September 14, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, October 07, 2006

• Reported By:holland Pennsylvania
Body Of Change
500 Rock Hill Dr Bensalem, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Body Of Change ripoff Bensalem Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: PENNSYLVANIA CORPORATE OFFICES??

I was given the free training session at La Fitness with a trainer from body of Change. I was approached by the manager, Lindsay who began barraging me with information regarding the program. She did not give me a chance to process the information, sat me down with a contract and coerced me into giving her my credit card. I told her about my financial situation and asked her if I could have a minute to think about joining, she said, no that I couldn't think about it and pushed me into joining.

She then proceeded to cover up the contract and advised me that she was only taking 150.00 out of my credit card. We discussed that she was only taking the enrollment fee out and she proceeded to take out 260.00 which caused my credit card to decline because she took out more than she said she was going to. She then advised me that I would have to come back the next day with a new credit card and sign a contract. I called within 24 hours and advised the manager at La Fitness and Lindsay, the manager of Body of Change that I was not interested in joining the program and felt pushed into it. Lindsay then assured me that the contract was torn up and I would not have to worry about anything.

A month later I received a phone call with the status of why I haven't done any training and I again stated that Lindsay tore up the contract and I never joined. Now 3 months later I received another call stating that I owe 350.00 in over due fees and that Body of Change has been trying to take this money out of my credit card which was declining because it was over my credit limit. I again explained my situation and left 5 messages for Lindsay to call me back and she never did. I then spoke to the assistant manager, Mark and he advised me that Lindsay spoke to her Vice President, Doreen and it was being taken care of. I left several messages for Lindsay to fax me something in writing and again she could not respond to that request. I went into another La Fitness to find out that nothing was done and the bill was still outstanding. I called corporate and they advised that they would email the VP of the district and still no response. This has been an unnecessary headache and this is no way to handle a business. I have never seen such un-professionalism as I have with Lindsay and the VP, Doreen. Lindsay was rude, pushy and un-professional. The program is a ripoff and the employees are unprofessional.

Keri
Holland, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2006 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Of-Change/Bensalem-Pennsylvania-19020/Body-Of-Change-ripoff-Bensalem-Pennsylvania-211080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Of Change

#1 Consumer Suggestion

PENNSYLVANIA CORPORATE OFFICES??

AUTHOR: Martha - (U.S.A.)

If anyone knows the Corpoate Office Address of