• Report: #203097

• Submitted: Wed, July 26, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 12, 2006

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Body Of Change
51 Highway And Camelback Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Body Of Change Avoid Personal Training at LA Fitness, not worth the money. Ripoff Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: I feel the same way

*Consumer Comment: In Response to Simone's Lawsuit

*Consumer Comment: Anyone want to join my lawsuit?

*Consumer Comment: Trainers are NEVER available.

Do not fall for this trap. Never trust them, they just want your money. Please use my hardship so you can save yourself some grief and time. I had been going to La Fitness for some time. One day a personal trainer from Body of Change approached me and told me I was doing an exercise incorrectly. I appreciated his input, and even though he was putting some pressure on me to sign up for training I figured what the heck. Big mistake!

I am glad now I only signed up for 6 months. The trainer/sales manager, Chris Warner, gave me some freebies in advance to gain my trust. I then signed up on the bottom line. Suddenly he was unavailable to train me, and he never showed for 75% of my appointments. He then kept telling me to find a non-sales trainer to train with. I then got bounced around from trainer to trainer until either they left, or they got promoted to sales assistant and stopped training. So even though I showed up for all appointments, when I could find a trainer they were double booked. I was available at 11am to noon everyday or 5pm to 7pm and thus still no one was available to train me. All of my sessions were cancelled on their end, I was always on time. So then I would have to wait another week almost just to get into someone elses schedule.

I am now training at another Phoenix La Fitness, as I was tired of being lied to at the Camelback/51 facility. I was paying for a service but got nothing in return. Recently I had two training sessions at the new club until my trainer cancelled on me now two weeks in a row. Here we go again...

So here is the deal, they sign you up for 6 months or a year and then there is no one around to train you, so you cannot use your training sessions. The contract is ironclad, and there is no way out of it. Think big scam. No matter how cheap it is or whatever special they run, it is no good if the trainers are always unavailable.

Be warned!

Anonymous
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2006 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Of-Change/Phoenix-Arizona-85016/Body-Of-Change-Avoid-Personal-Training-at-LA-Fitness-not-worth-the-money-Ripoff-Phoenix-203097. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Of Change

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I feel the same way

AUTHOR: Allison - (U.S.A.)

I had the same exact trainer and he got me hooked and then dropped off the face of the earth. I would be interested in any law suits against Body of Change. It is a very deceptive company with some very un-trained and undependable trainers.

In Response to Simone's Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Katherine - (U.S.A.)

I would love information on the lawsuit that you have started against body of change. I no longer am a member with LA Fitness, and I have over 21 sessions remaining that I paid for in full. I allowed my LA Fitness membership to expire because I could not get the training sessions when I needed them and that was the sole reason for even joining the club. Please respond here and we can talk further if necessary but I am interested in joining you in this endeavor.

Anyone want to join my lawsuit?

AUTHOR: Simone - (U.S.A.)

I had the exact same experience at the exact same club. I have explained my situation to the Corporate Offices and they are refusing to refund my money. I have initiated a lawsuit and have a couple people who already want to join. Anyone else out there interested in suing Body of Change with me?

Trainers are NEVER available.

AUTHOR: Katherine - (U.S.A.)

I would just like to ad that he is absolutely correct in everything that he is saying about the training sessions. You sign a contract, you pay every month (the monies are debited from your account) and there is nothing you can do to get out of the contract, but you can't get a trainer. I have gone thru two different episodes with them. Once when they were Pro Results and the second time with Body of Change. I payed the entire account off, and they put a $100 collection charge on my credit report for late fee's. After paying for a full year I have 21 sessions available to me and I can't use them because I can't get anyone to train me during the time frame that I have available. Some one should really think about sueing them for breach of contract.