Complaint Review: Body Xchange Fitness Spas

• Submitted: Thu, July 24, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2008

• Reported By:Tehachapi California
Body Xchange Fitness Spas
7701 White Lane Bakersfield, California U.S.A.

Body X-Change Fitness Spas - Body X-Change - Body Xchange Sports Club - Ody Xchange Express Women's Only Gym Misrepresentation of contractual policies, agressive collections techniches, unfair treatment of customers Bakersfield California

*Author of original report: Update on my experience with Body XChange

My wife signed up for a 3 year membership with the understanding that it would not be a problem to cancel the contract if she stopped commuting to Bakersfield or we had a baby. After using the gyms for 1 year both happened and she is now a stay-at-home mother. In March I communicated with Body XChange about settling the account. They wanted me to pay $400 to bring it current and cancel it. We had just had a baby and did not have the money at that time. Soon a credit agency was billing us for this amount. I paid it. Now, the credit agency is billing us for almost $2,000 for the remainder of the contract plus interest. Body XChange claims we missed the window to deal with them and now must deal with the collection agency and pay the full amount. I am disgusted at the way this company has refused to be reasonable when they claimed to be so flexible when she signed the contract.

They expect us to pay them $2,000 for absolutely nothing. We cannot afford it and feel screwed over by their aggressive, take-no-prisoners policies. They have converted happy customers into angry detractors.

Aaron
Tehachapi, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2008 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-Xchange-Fitness-Spas/Bakersfield-California-93309/Body-X-Change-Fitness-Spas-Body-X-Change-Body-Xchange-Sports-Club-Ody-Xchange-Expres-355231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body Xchange Fitness Spas

Update on my experience with Body XChange

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

Since filing this report I have reached a compromise with Body XChange, (which is a great relief to say the least). When all is said and done we made mistakes which brought about the situation but I still feel that things could have been handled better on their end.

This has nothing to do with the quality of the service they offer and I wish the company continued success, but I also hope that external pressure might cause them to amend their ways for the better when it comes to collecting on delinquent accounts.

Customers who miss a payment or come across hard times are still potential future customers and will still tell others about their experiences with your company...and therefore it is important to maintain a good working relationship with ALL customers, even those with defaulted payments.