Complaint Review: Body of Change

• Submitted: Tue, September 18, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, September 18, 2007

• Reported By:Mill Creek Washington
Body of Change
15024 Main Street Mill Creek, Washington U.S.A.

Body Of Change Underhanded contract practices Mill Creek Washington

I signed up for a one year contract for a personal trainer. My contract duration is listed as 11 payments beginning on the 1st fo each month. At the end of the 11 payments I received a call that a payment was due and my card wouldn't accept the request. I told Body of Change that I had fullfilled my 11 payment requirement and no monies were due. I was then informed that my contract automatically converts to month to month. I was not aware of this and was never told this at signing. I reviewed the contract and found one square that references this.

I'm not sure if this is legal for them to convert to month to month. There is nothing shown regarding the amount or have many sessions, etc.

I requested that they stop the month to month and was informed that I had to be current and payed up to date for them to cancel. I did not budget for this payment and can't pay immediately, therefore the charges will continue to accrue.

Is all of this legal? Sure seems very underhanded.

Mill Creek, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2007 03:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Body-of-Change/Mill-Creek-Washington-98012/Body-Of-Change-Underhanded-contract-practices-Mill-Creek-Washington-275085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Body of Change