Complaint Review: BodyByDesignHealth&FitnessTrainers

• Updated: Sun, May 19, 2013

• Reported By: Stu Pididiot — Warren Michigan
BodyByDesignHealth&FitnessTrainers
Internet USA

BodyByDesignHealth&FitnessTrainersDetroit AKA Body By Design, Keegan and Dawn Malloch Don't be a victim of a scam like I was! Internet

*Author of original report: Malloch in jail AGAIN!

*Author of original report: Co-Owner Dawn Elliott Malloch is also an ex-con

After conducting research/looking for the ideal personal trainer online, I thought I’d found him in Keegan Malloch, co-owner of Body By Design Health and Fitness Trainers of Detroit (or whatever other similar version of the business name he has come up with).  The video testimonials linked to his site combined with the many certifications he claimed to possess, assured me that I would be hiring a true professional.

Sadly, I couldn’t have been more wrong!  Yes, the first few sessions together went smoothly, however, it didn’t take long for Keegan to begin to show up 10, 15, 20 even 30 minutes late for our training.  Then, the cancellations began. I’d receive text and/or phone messages stating various reasons why we couldn’t meet as often as we’d agreed to (and signed a contract about).

Then, communication ceased altogether!  When I tried to call to schedule appointments, the voice mailbox was full. [continued below]....

..... If I showed up at the gym, the facility was closed without any sign indicating a reason or possible return time.  Then, after receiving a Facebook message from another individual trying to track Mr. Malloch down, I learned he was in jail for various charges (DUI, stalking, burglary, etc).  Luckily, the guy was able to make bail and served a minimal sentence.

Upon returning home, Keegan announced his release and plans to return to training as soon as possible via Facebook.  Within a week or so of this posting, I learned of his filing bankruptcy (barring clients from any attempt to get money back).  A private message from Keegan had me cautiously hopeful that he would fulfill the sessions we had remaining; however, I am not holding my breath.  Now, I see that he is advertising that he is operating his business out of a different gym; encouraging clients to, “call now for specials”.  How can someone who was just granted chapter 7 bankruptcy continue to make money and not be held liable for money owed to others?!  And if his driver's license was revoked, how can he drive to client's homes (as he claims to be able to do on his website)?  I’m frustrated enough that I was scammed by this schmuck, but it angers me to know that he can continue to ‘suck others’ into his evil lair.  Don't be a victim like I was!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2013 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BodyByDesignHealthFitnessTrainers/internet/BodyByDesignHealthampFitnessTrainersDetroit-AKA-Body-By-Design-Keegan-and-Dawn-Malloch-1047576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BodyByDesignHealth&FitnessTrainers

Malloch in jail AGAIN!

AUTHOR: Stu Pididiot - ()

Looks like the wife is back in jail for fraud.  Can't help but wonder if it was linked to scamming customers at Health and Fitness Trainers Detroit Body By Design or retail like last time.  Guess some people really can't change!

Co-Owner Dawn Elliott Malloch is also an ex-con

AUTHOR: Stu Pididiot - ()

Watch out for both Keegan and Dawn Malloch (aka Dawn Marie Elliot).  I wanted to add her mugshot here also, however I don't seem to be able to.  See jailbase.com, search Dawn Marie Elliot for image.