Complaint Review: Bogabids.com

• Reported By: Brooke — Toronto Ontario
Bogabids.com
Internet USA

Bogabids.com Deceptive Practices / Scam Site Internet

I was online to pay my phone bill when a pop-up appeared with the Bell logo on top asking if I would take a brief survey.  Thinking it was for my phone company, and ligit, I obliged.  Upon responding I was congratulated and offered a "free" gift...all I had to do was cover the $3.00 shipping charge.  After giving my credit card information I was asked to provide a copy of the credit card as well as my license.  I then became suspicious and wrote to bogabids and told them to cancel the "free" gift as it was not my intention to provide further personal information and requested my $3.00 charge be credited back to my visa card.  Instead I received an email confirming membership in Bogabids ($49.99 per month) then additional charges for bidding activity showed up the following day that I did not initiate.  All attempts to get this matter resoved have failed.  These people are deceptive and a rip-off!  Beware!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bogabidscom/internet/Bogabidscom-Deceptive-Practices-Scam-Site-Internet-1128449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bogabids.com