Complaint Review: Boingo Wireless

• Updated: Sat, February 12, 2011

• Reported By: Sofia — Singapore Other United States of America
Boingo Wireless
10960 Wilshire Boulevard Internet, California United States of America

Boingo Wireless 1-800-880-4117 Wireless internet provider for Airports and Institutional Public Areas Worldwide Internet, California

This is the 2nd time I have to use wireless in an airport and Boingo somehow gets itself set up to charge me monthly for services I never knowingly authorized. I am a naval officer spending 4 months on board a marine vessel with slow satellite internet access that makes it difficult to keep an eye on expenses charged to my credit card. I just discovered during my last flight from USA to Singapore Oct 23 2010, Boingo has installed itself as a monthly consumer of my money via my credit card. I am outraged. How does one 5 minute session at an airport legally grant this company access to auto charge my credit card every month? I am not even within range of any Boingo hotspots, why would I sign up for this if the service is completely useless to me. I would like to make some kind of motion that Boingo permanently be barred from making any auto payment transactions from my credit card. I can just see this happening a third time: I"m at an airport, and the wireless provider is Boingo, and they enter some back door to charge my credit card every month, and I can do little to contest the matter as I'm in Asia floating on a shipin the middle of nowhere. I've had it with this surreptitious thief.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2011 09:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boingo-Wireless/Internet-California-90024/Boingo-Wireless-1-800-880-4117-Wireless-internet-provider-for-Airports-and-Institutional-P-694766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boingo Wireless