Complaint Review: Boland Naturals Inc aka Mioplex

• Submitted: Tue, December 10, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, October 16, 2003

• Reported By:Denver Colorado
Boland Naturals Inc aka Mioplex
PO Box 45242 Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Boland Naturals Inc aka Mioplex Ripoff Class Action through this website! Fraudulent billing scam Credit Card Fraud Cincinnati Ohio *EDitor's Comment

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Life Key, Boland, Warner Healthcare, Avlimil are all related!

*Consumer Comment: more info

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: information incorrect for me

*Consumer Comment: Well apparently these reports worked!

*Consumer Comment: Thanks for the heads up..... no pun

*Consumer Comment: SCAM??? or NOT

*Consumer Suggestion: ..just another Pro-active product that like to use autoship and charge people over and over.

*Consumer Suggestion: Mioplex Scam

*0: EDitor's Response

*Consumer Comment: Not a Rip Off

I read an "article" in Men's Health magazine that seemed really legit. The product sounded healthy and great. So, I decided that I would order the product online. No more than 5 minutes after doing so, I did an internet search to find out this company/product was a fraud and the "article" was no more than a paid advertisement.

I immediately called Boland naturals and talked to their customer care group. I told the gentleman that I had changed my mind and I wanted my order cancelled. He said, no problem. I would not be shipped the product and my credit card would not be billed.

About a month later, I recieved a package from them. I was angry but I assumed that would be the end of I would hear of that company.

Yesterday, I recieved another package and my credit card was billed another 59.95. They said that I was signed up for autopay. I never agreed to this and they said that it is clearly stated in their package and phone message.

This company is a scam. If there is anything I can do to bring this company down, sign me up.

This is not a good way to conduct business.

Paul
Denver, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2002 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Boland-Naturals-Inc-aka-Mioplex/Cincinnati-Ohio-45242/Boland-Naturals-Inc-aka-Mioplex-Ripoff-Class-Action-through-this-website-Fraudulent-billi-37742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Boland Naturals Inc aka Mioplex

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Life Key, Boland, Warner Healthcare, Avlimil are all related!

AUTHOR: Lucy - (U.S.A.)

I am a former employee of Warner Health Care which is the company that sells Avlimil. However, this company is owned by Steve Warshak along with Life Key and Boland Naturals.

Avlimil and Rovicid (which is another product like Avlimil, but for men), are being sold with similar marketing methods. When you call to order you are automatically signed up for automatic shipments in a program called "Managed Care Direct". It offers benefits such as: Greatly reduced price, free shipping, and a constant supply. However cancelling these shipments are a challenge if not impossible. So those of you who compare it to BMG or other "club types", you aren't even close. Once you are locked in it is very difficult to cancel the product. I know this because I took numerous calls from disgruntled customers trying to reach our customer care center and couldn't reach a soul. They would be placed on hold for enormous amounts of time and/or were disconnected. Or if they did speak with someone their systems were overloaded and they couldn't cancel further shipments. Some lucky customers even spoke with rude customer care agents or they were promised cancellation only to receive another shipment a few weeks later. I am sure that some were able to cancel without incident but I don't believe that includes a high percentage of customers. Conveniently, the sales reps who are easily reached have absolutely no authority to change the customer accounts to help them.

I also would like to let you know that when the sales rep tells you that they have a 91% reorder rate, it makes sense when they have an automatic shipping program so be aware! Also before I left I found that less than 1% of the customers I ever sold product to remained on continuous shipping. Most had been discontinued at some point before things started to be so difficult to cancel. So if that tells you anything about the lack of effectiveness of the product. If Avlimil is such a great product, women would continue taking it after the first few months.

My whole point is that Mr. Steve Warshak is the ultimate scammer. He seems to have a pattern here. He is associated with each of the companies mentioned here. When a company gets a bad reputation he just changes the name of his company and moves on to a new product. Beware of Avlimil and Rovicid. They are the newest products of Mr. Warshak's ultimate scam!

Buyer Beware!

Fax..: 513-985-9050
Email: gcossman@bolandnaturals.com

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

information incorrect for me

AUTHOR: Tamara - (U.S.A.)

We ordered this product from the ogoplex website and did receive the item and have had no problem reaching them either. So I see information about their rebilling policy stated right on their bottle so I will keep you abreast with my findings if interested

Well apparently these reports worked!

AUTHOR: Regina - (U.S.A.)

Just to decipher truth from fiction, I visited the Myoplex website. And guess what? When you click on the Order Now button, the link is unavailable! So I decided to try the Boland-Naturals, and what do I see? But unavailable. Ha! Good job everyone!

Hopefully this is not temporary; unfortunately however the company will probably just close its doors and reopen under another name, causing drama to a neverending list of casualties.

Well if nothing else, maybe they've now had a few headaches of their own? Let me recommend one of their products to them...

Thanks for the heads up..... no pun

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

First off I would like to Thank everyone for the info they have posted. I was reading a recent (Feb, '03) issue of FHM and read the so called "Article" about Mioplex. I was intrigued, as are most males, about the prospect of a better orgasm. I went to their site, and almost ordered. I then saw the line about auto renewal, and decided to investigate further. Reading just the few responses on here made me give up the thought of purchasing any Mioplex. As for "Megan" I think she is as some of you have said, an employee of Boland Naturals.. Thanks again

SCAM??? or NOT

AUTHOR: Ray - (U.S.A.)

Upon reading the responses from the individuals on Mioplex and its issues.. I ventured over to the website to see what the huff was all about, since I was interested in the product..

Response to the automatic delivery setup..

It appeared to me the company had every right in doing what they were doing. Noted on the website in red toward the bottom was stated that the person would be subscribed to an everyother month delivery plan.. Also noted was a no hassle cancellation, which people DID DO according to the complaints.. SOO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE
MAKE SURE YOU READ BEFORE YOU ORDER.. this is the same idea as the Columbia house cd club or DVD club.. by ordering you agree to be sent a cd/dvd everymonth unless you respond....

I have not ordered yet from this company but am planning on it.. I just will cancel my membership at the same time therebye cancelling any further shipments..

#7 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

Hi,

I read about this product from like couple magazines. At first I thought it was an article but later on I found it was just an Ad. I knew this product was a scam from the moment where they printed Advertisement at that corner of the page.

So I went to google and started searching complains and now here I am reading bunch cosumer complains...and Obviously the people who defended this product is the same person but used different names.

I guess this is just another Pro-active product that like to use autoship and charge people over and over. I say all you people out there buying stuffs that's not approved by the U.S health care department or whatever it's called , do some research before you actually buy this kinda crap..because 99% of the times you will find they are just scams or useless products.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Mioplex Scam

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

Obviously, this company is a scam and Megan works for them. What a coincidence that the only positive thing said about the company comes from someone in the same city and state where this scam operates from.

Next time, do not try to reason with crooks. Instead of trying to deal with them on the phone and taking their word that they won't screw you, report your card lost or stolen. That way, these crooks won't be able to steal your money any more.

#9 0

EDitor's Response

AUTHOR: - ()

Megan,

Glad to see you are satisfied, Lovey. May we have your permission to gather about 200 victims and file suit? We realize this may be an inconvenience to you personally, since the money we win will convert directly into higher prices for you or will just put them out of business.

EDitor@ripoffreport.com

Not a Rip Off

AUTHOR: Megan - (U.S.A.)

The company that you are all speaking of is the same company that I have ordered from. When I placed my initial order I was informed about this program that I am reading about on this site. I also recieved the liteature with my product that explained to me again about the program and how to cancel. I see nothing wrong with this and I do not concider this a rip off, I believe that the consumer of the products should take resposibily for their neglegence. To this day I am still using their product, and Love it! And I am completly satisfied with their auto ship program, in which I recieve two bottles for the price of one, with no shipping cost! My suggestion, leave this company alone, their not the bad guys...