qualified

• Updated: Thu, February 09, 2012

• Reported By: horrified — Billings Montana United States of America
Bonaventure Senior Living
4001 Bell Ave. Billings, Montana United States of America

Bonaventure Senior Living Billings, MT Worked 1 day and got the heck out of there! Billings, Montana

From the time of interview to the time of starting, they lost 9 residents.  The RCC that hired me and did my paperwork was no longer there the day I started.  Executive Director had only been there 1 month (which did not surprise me after reading all the other reports).  They have a 300% employee turn over rate.
They only had 1 caregiver and one Medication Aide for 36 residents when I interviewed.  By the time I started they were down to 27 residents, and of course, still only 1 caregiver and 1 med. aide.  The day I started there was no caregiver so the Receptionist was caregiving.  I was training as a Med. Aide and we had to stop giving meds. to go help a Resident who had called for help and the Caregiver did not go to help her so we stopped giving meds. to assist and the poor woman was very upset because she had waited for so long that she ended up having to go to the bathroom in her pants.  There were several other Residents who were angry because they had to wait so long for their medications.  One man was irate because he had a major dental procedure the day before and he was in a lot of pain.
We were just finishing morning meds. at lunch time and instead of starting noon meds., we were pulled off to help serve lunch and then clear tables.  We were also told that we had to start doing housekeeping because they did not have a housekeeper.  I was told to sign off on meds. that Residents had in their rooms and took independently and also to leave some pills in a room and that the Resident would take them herself, but not to tell anyone we were doing that.
The kitchen staff were working double shifts that day.  Was told that it was not uncommon to be asked to pull a double at the last minute.  Was also told of a girl who actually worked 48 hours straight.
Ran across a woman who was upset because her parents (who were to disabled to leave their room and come to dining room) didn't get lunch until really late the last time she was there visiting.    She said she would wait in the dining room and take the tray to her parents if she didn't have to wait until 1:00 again (it was noon at the time).
There was talk of a Med. Aide that gave one of the Residents' another Residents' medications the night before.  Also, one of the kitchen staff was under investigation that day (I do not know why).  The Med. Aide who was training me did not get any breaks or a lunch that day and told me that was not unusual.
I would not work at Bonaventure in Billings, MT or any of their other facilities.  What I experienced was exactly what I had read about all their other facilities.  I would NEVER consider allowing a loved one to live at one of their facilities either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2012 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bonaventure-Senior-Living/Billings-Montana-59106/Bonaventure-Senior-Living-Billings-MT-Worked-1-day-and-got-the-heck-out-of-there-Billin-836390. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bonaventure Senior Living