Complaint Review: Bongo International

• Submitted: Mon, April 22, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, April 22, 2013

• Reported By: butterscotch — ottawa Ontario
Bongo International

Bongo International Outrageous shipping charges! Package of 3 small soaps (wedding favors) in a box 20X its size!!! Internet

I recently purchased 3 bar soaps (ivory and cherry blossom kind) in cute boxes 3" by 3" (max. dimension) as samples for my wedding favors. I bought that online at http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com. I was told they will have to ship to Bongo which will then ship to me in Canada. I agreed to that since that is the only they ship and only way for me to get my purchase.

When I was notified, and to my dismay, the shipping charge for my $6 purchase is $64.66!!! I was told that they will ship in 13"x7"x7" box and weigh 0.19lbs.  I am charged for whichever is greater (which is I can understand) but why do they put in such a big box to begin with?!

When asked about repackaging in smaller box and sending, I was told it will be the same price!!! When I asked why, I was told and his exact words are "Any processing done afterward is not considered in the billing process". I was shocked...Unbelievable!

And then he also said "You can repackage the items in the order, but you will need to upgrade to our Advantage membership in order to do so. The min. fee is $15 per month and min. 3 months commitment"!!!

Apparently, there are 2 nail polish in there that I did not order, that Exclusive Wedding said they did not place into the box, and Bongo said are in the box! I am not sure who is right or wrong but they left me confused and frustrated. At this point, I just want my wedding favors because I paid for and needed.

Advice to all, please make sure you check with your seller the exact dimension and weight prior to paying and shipping. Do not let them trick you into paying for outrageous shipping charges that you do not deserve.

Thanks for reading.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2013 07:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bongo-International/internet/Bongo-International-Outrageous-shipping-charges-Package-of-3-small-soaps-wedding-favors-1045358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bongo International