Complaint Review: Bongo US

• Submitted: Fri, April 13, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 13, 2012

• Reported By: Alice in Oz — Sydney, Australia Australia
Bongo US

Bongo US Shipping company Express Shipping Company That Doesn't Express Ship Internet

Bongo US claim to be a low cost shipping alternative for people who want to buy American goods and have them sent to their home country.

My experience with Bongo has been:  lousy customer service, absolute rip off and hundreds of dollars down the drain.

They say they will deliver within 3-5 days to anywhere in the world.  And they certainly charge for express shipping.

I paid $480.00 to have three small boxes sent.  USPS would have cost about $150.00.

It took Bongo three days just to bother to send my parcels.  Two weeks later, I am still waiting for them.  It looks like most of the shipment is lost.  And here's the best part - I can put in an insurance claim for the actual goods but I can't claim for the "express" shipping - so that's $480.00 down the drain.

Essentially, I've paid $480.00 for really slow shipping and for them to lose my parcels anyway.

I'm not sure if they're running a fraud but there's something wrong here.  The support staff who answer the phone seem to be reading from a script.  I've been promised a response from management, but 10 days later I'm still waiting to hear from them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 05:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bongo-US/internet/Bongo-US-Shipping-company-Express-Shipping-Company-That-Doesnt-Express-Ship-Internet-867970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bongo US