Complaint Review: BookHolders

• Submitted: Sat, February 04, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 04, 2012

• Reported By: Supwidit90 — Damascus Maryland United States of America
208 York Road Towson, Maryland United States of America

BookHolders When Selling your textbooks, the customer does not have the "Advantage" Towson, Maryland

Terrible place to sell books! If you want your checks quickly, don't take your books here!!!

I sold a book January 27th, won't get a check until end of this month!!! I asked to withdraw my books on consignment for cash and only 11 out of the 20 books I gave them could get cash....when originally 16 of them had cash value the first time I walked in.

Understandable you are a money-making business, yet a good business is an honest one, and keeping some information hidden in a closet like "your books are not in a set price, they could drop," is pretty DISHONEST. Even not telling the customer that comes in that you can withdraw your books for cash at any time (I found out a few weeks later you could, by that point my books were rock bottom in value) is DISHONEST. Make the effort to tell the customer these details! I'll bet they'll sell the book for $10.00 that I got $1 for in cash.

It is kind of unreal, I hate being made the fool, well this fool is smart enough to not make the same mistake twice. I'd much rather return my books to Amazon for store credit than wait around 2 months for minimal cash...at least they sell anything. They call it the "advantage price"....Advantage? I don't think so. Overall, I am going to say this is flirting with the word "scam". As I college student, I typically get the grades, now I have the chance to give 1....F-.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2012 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BookHolders/Towson-Maryland-21252/BookHolders-When-Selling-your-textbooks-the-customer-does-not-have-the-Advantage-Towso-833895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BookHolders