Complaint Review: BookMooch.com

• Submitted: Thu, January 06, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, January 06, 2011

• Reported By: Lowoncash — Chanhassen Minnesota U.S.A.

BookMooch.com Didn't get my trade points Internet

I signed up to trade my used books on this site and received a huge response. When you accept a trade, ship a trade and it is received, you get points to pick out books. I packed thebeautiful books in nicely padded envelops and boxes and ran to the post office, the same day, and paid my 2.30 to 2.70to ship the books. I started racking up my points and people were receiving their packages and were so pleased. I was able to use two of my 30 or so points.

After a month or so, I got locked out of my account saying I could not use it till my email was verified. It was so strange.Someone took the liberty to cancel all my orders that were pending and I had even sent some of themoutright before getting locked out. I tried to email them to get this straightened out and was given very fragmented rude responses. Maybe they thought I had had an account before. But if I did, I just don't remember it and feel like some warning should have come up saying, "you have an account with us already". They said something like, "you'll get your points after an investigation". It has been weeks and I couldn't get holiday books to give.All, I can see on the account is all but three people have checked they received their books.

I gave my utmost service to all traders.I walked out in the blizzards to get my books out the same day. Considering the cost of the books,postage, and mailersand not getting my trades, I am out a considerable amount of money. I really thought that this site was going to be a great way to trade my books and put my faith in it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2011 05:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/BookMoochcom/internet/BookMoochcom-Didnt-get-my-trade-points-Internet-679388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on BookMooch.com