Complaint Review: Bookbyte

Bookbyte
2800 Pringle Road SE Internet United States of America

Bookbyte Bookbyte.com Fails to honor buy backs/pay for merchandise, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Bookbyte Scam

I have sent several (about six) shipments of books to Bookbyte. Each time they claimed damages to books (such as highlighting, bent pages/corners, or written in) that were still sealed in the mylar/saran that new books are wrapped in. These books were brand new!

One shipment they claimed to never have received so they never paid for it. However, the package was not returned to me and the post office reported it as having been delivered. I decided to try them one last time several weeks ago. I sent them a shipment of 14 books -- all in one box. They claimed to have received only 8 of the 14 books even though they were sent all in one box!

Moreover, while other companies process my shipments within 48 to 72 hours, Bookbyte had my shipment for two weeks after delivery. Then they delayed payment (for only 8 books) for another 10 days. When I have called, the "customer service" people have been dismissive. Basically they will tell you too bad.

I have seen numerous other similar complaints on various websites by bookbyte customers, so it is clear that this treatment is a company practice. Certainly they are making a lot of money off of customers by claiming damages and/or non-receipt of merchandise and then reaping undeserved profit off of those items.

Please file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if Bookbyte has treated you poorly. They have a very misleading A+ rating right now which needs to be remedied in order for them to engage in honest practices!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/23/2010 07:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Bookbyte/internet/Bookbyte-Bookbytecom-Fails-to-honor-buy-backspay-for-merchandise-Internet-643558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Bookbyte

Bookbyte Scam

AUTHOR: skorpyo33 - (United States of America)

I too have a similar complaint about bookbyte.com. I agree with everything you said in your statement. Says alot about the company if someone else had a similar problem. My book was sent to them about 2 weeks ago and they claimed that the pages of the anatomy book were stuck together. Pages were never stuck together before i sent the book out. And they told me my book was recycled. Great business. huh. And now my expensive book is lost forever. As for the A+ rating, how they came up with this rating is beyond me. I guess doing business with Bookbyte.com is like playing the Lotto. You never win. But im sure the owner is reaping the benefits.